Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>A time space question
snbauser 03:21 PM 01-08-2015
I know that if I work on paperwork during naptime, I can't count those hours as "paperwork hours" because I am counting them as "children present" hours. But what about if another caregiver is present? If I have someone else who is with the kids and I am working on paperwork, can I count those hours as both "paperwork hours" and "children present hours"?

Does it make a difference if that person is an employee or a contractor? For example a friend of mine has an employee that comes in once a week and she does paperwork then. Can she count the paperwork hourse?

I don't have any employee's but I do have a lady who owns her own music and fitness program that comes in twice a month. She is state licensing approved to be alone with kids, so when she is here, I want to sometimes do paperwork. Can I count the paperwork hours?

Thanks
TomCopeland 08:50 PM 01-08-2015
Originally Posted by snbauser:
I know that if I work on paperwork during naptime, I can't count those hours as "paperwork hours" because I am counting them as "children present" hours. But what about if another caregiver is present? If I have someone else who is with the kids and I am working on paperwork, can I count those hours as both "paperwork hours" and "children present hours"?

Does it make a difference if that person is an employee or a contractor? For example a friend of mine has an employee that comes in once a week and she does paperwork then. Can she count the paperwork hourse?

I don't have any employee's but I do have a lady who owns her own music and fitness program that comes in twice a month. She is state licensing approved to be alone with kids, so when she is here, I want to sometimes do paperwork. Can I count the paperwork hours?

Thanks
Nope, you can't count any of the hours in your examples. If two people are working for one hour, the clock one went around once, so you can only count one hour. It doesn't matter if the person is your employee or not. When the person is doing music for you for an hour, you can count the time again when you do paperwork during the same hour. Otherwise, the day would be longer than 24 hours.
snbauser 03:42 AM 01-09-2015
Thanks Tom. That's was what I thought but another provider was sure we could so I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing it wrong.
Reply Up