Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Oh He's Not Feeling Well Today..."
newtodaycare22 09:07 AM 02-22-2011
Me: Ok, what kind of symptoms does he have?

Mom: "Oh, just 101 fever. Nothing else."

Me:"Ok...well he can't be here until he's 24 hours free of a fever."

Mom: "Oh...ok bye"

lol What in the world goes through some peoples' minds!
Live and Learn 09:13 AM 02-22-2011
Oh Brother!!
lil angels 09:14 AM 02-22-2011
I had a parent dropping off with tylenol in them did not tell me then around the end of nap the child would wake up with 103 and the parents didn't think much of it. Then would say that by the time they got them home the temp was only 101 or say they didn't have a temp at all. Their last day is Wednesday. They have no family in the area so they don't want to miss work when their kid is sick but they are going to Mexico soon. Some people.
Kaddidle Care 12:55 PM 02-22-2011
Around here they do it all the time. They dose the child up with Motrin before they bring them in. You can see the child is "off" but no fever. Then around lunch time they start to melt, suddenly develop fever and yep, when asked, the child will tell you they had "medicine" before they came.

Thank you so much! Now we're ALL exposed! Makes me crazy.

Good for you for sticking to your guns!
SilverSabre25 01:00 PM 02-22-2011
Yeah, I wish I'd had a backbone this morning when my newest family told me that dcg had Tylenol before coming and "should be fine until pick-up" and she's also got a cough and a runny nose and has been sick all weekend.

Well, she hasn't gotten a fever with me, but has been asleep for almost 4 hours now...half-tempted to tell them that they need to keep her home tomorrow, too, but I have no actual grounds on which to do so, unfortunately.
AfterSchoolMom 02:49 PM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Yeah, I wish I'd had a backbone this morning when my newest family told me that dcg had Tylenol before coming and "should be fine until pick-up" and she's also got a cough and a runny nose and has been sick all weekend.

Well, she hasn't gotten a fever with me, but has been asleep for almost 4 hours now...half-tempted to tell them that they need to keep her home tomorrow, too, but I have no actual grounds on which to do so, unfortunately.
Just let her sleep all day long - then when she doesn't sleep tonight and keeps them up all night, if they come to you you can just say "yes, being sick and pumped full of tylenol makes them extra sleepy, doesn't it?"
SilverSabre25 02:53 PM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
Just let her sleep all day long - then when she doesn't sleep tonight and keeps them up all night, if they come to you you can just say "yes, being sick and pumped full of tylenol makes them extra sleepy, doesn't it?"
oh my yes I let her sleep! Let sleeping babies lie, I always say. Poor thing slept about an hour this morning as well. She slept until 5, so a whole 4 hour nap for someone who usually naps about 1-1.5 hrs! Poor thing....
Tags:fever, sick
Reply Up