Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Drop in DCG
daycarediva 05:44 AM 07-08-2013
is 17m, and has some pretty awesome verbal skills.

This morning alone-

hands me a lime and says "apple?" without waiting for my response she goes "NO SILLY! NANA! FUNNY!" and starts laughing.

"Heya DANCE TIME!" while pointing to the CD player

and my personal favorite from the last hour, dcb spilled his milk and she said with all seriousness

"Good grief, dcb!"

I'm super excited that she is coming 2 days/week in fall. She CRACKS ME UP!
Blackcat31 06:34 AM 07-08-2013
When they are vocal that young it always makes for a fun experience!

Last year, I had a dcb that began getting VERY verbal around 12 months (his mom really worked with him a lot) and he was hilarious! Always made my day!

Enjoy your newbie! Glad she is a good one!
cheerfuldom 07:47 PM 07-08-2013
its so fun and also kind of creepy LOL it just takes you by surprise. My third daughter is like that. she is also very tiny and looks 6 months younger than she is so its even more surprising. she scared our new babysitter on saturday, ha ha!
Scout 04:18 AM 07-09-2013
DS2 is very verbal and has been since he was very young. Actually, when he didn't walk until 19 mos my pediatrician asked if he talks a lot as they usually excell at one or the other. He could out talk most 3 1/2 yo's at 2. My favorite was when he walked into the kitchen and said "**** pushed me!" as he learned how to get his brother in trouble! He says 5 word sentences all the time now.We always here "I want to see ****" or "I want to play baseball(bowling, soccer)". And you can understand him! I love when they talk a lot! My cousin has twins 10 days younger than ds and they don't talk nearly as much!
countrymom 04:21 AM 07-09-2013
I have a dcg like this too, omg she is a doll.
daycarediva 04:26 AM 07-09-2013
The rest of the day went much like this. I have not accepted a child in care this young after my screamer baby. But I always interview anyway, and during the interview, she was chatting up a storm, picking out her chair and asking for food. "Have a 'nack? Appysauce? Pees?" LOVE HER! Today she learned thank you, "FAN YOU!" and now calls me baby since I call her baby.

My dd was like that, too. It's sooo neat!

She definitely out talked 2 of the big kids here yesterday. (one is 2 1/2 and the other is 3) I really think the less verbal kiddos HAVE the words, they just aren't able to express themselves yet. Super frustrating for the late talkers.
Meyou 04:26 AM 07-09-2013
Awww, I love that! I like it when you're out and someone whips their head around because they think they heard them talk but can't believe it.
Tags:drop in kids, good drop in kid
Reply Up