Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Alternatives to using a change table for diapers
MaritimeMummy 07:19 AM 08-14-2012
I've been using change pads that are waterproof but have a fabric exterior. I have a few kicking around and every day, each diapered child gets a fresh one of their own. But it's losing its appeal, LOL. What do you use, if you don't use a changing table or station? I can only do it on a pad n the floor. Hoping to find an option that is made of a surface I can just sanitize after each use, but more durable than a plastic change pad that would go in a diaper bag.
Blackcat31 07:21 AM 08-14-2012
I use a folded Kindergarten mat. It wipes off easily, can come outside if necessary and is super inexpensive to replace when necessary.
Meyou 07:51 AM 08-14-2012
I use a dresser height piece of furniture in my living room with cupboard doors with a vinyl covered foam pad on it. I got the foam and vinyl at the fabric store. It wipes down nicely after each use. I tuck it away on the weekends and evenings so that my living room is kid stuff free.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:35 AM 08-14-2012
I use one of the plastic changing pads that goes on a changing table on top of my dryer. My washer and dryer are at one end of my kitchen. I have shelves above with plastic dishpan for each kidlet with diapers and clothes in it.
Angelsj 10:48 AM 08-14-2012
I have a changing table now, but for a long time I just used one of these on the floor. It is comfy, movable and easy to clean.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:49 AM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
I have a changing table now, but for a long time I just used one of these on the floor. It is comfy, movable and easy to clean.
that is what I have on my dryer
crazydaycarelady 11:55 AM 08-14-2012
I like to change diapers on the floor also. I have a bunch of pieces of fleece cut into changing pad size rectangles. I just use a new one for each diaper change and lay it on the floor. I keep them and the wipes in the bottom drawer of a cabinet and change them right in front of it so everything is handy. My licensor approved it.
clep 12:08 PM 08-14-2012
I am in Alberta and licensing requires us to change on the floor, not a change table. Parents are required to supply the change pads, of plastic material for me to use.
juliebug 12:51 PM 08-14-2012
I use a pad on the floor nice and easy
brookeroo 12:58 PM 08-14-2012
I change on the floor. I bought a rug that was flexible with a rubber back so I can wash it, stays flat on the floor and doesn't move. I put their diapers snd wipes in each child's cube cubby and I change the diapers in front of them.
Reply Up