Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Will You Look At My Website Please?
cillybean83 01:07 PM 01-30-2011
diapers2diplomasdaycare.weebly.com

I don't know anything about making websites....help! lol
momofthree 01:26 PM 01-30-2011
Your website is not published. You need to published it first before we can view it.
cillybean83 01:31 PM 01-30-2011
oops! sorry
cillybean83 01:32 PM 01-30-2011
angelpayne24 01:42 PM 01-30-2011
I think your website looks great! Wonderful job!
Abigail 02:39 PM 01-30-2011
I just stopped by your site. I'm glad you took the time to write information on all the tabs. I'll go a little backwards here...

1. Do you want to give out your full name, address, personal phone and email to everyone online? The "Contact Us" link you have is usually a private way for potential clients to reach you without giving out your details. I would recommend removing your personal information until you've had contact with a potential family first.

2. Under "FAQS" you give out your personal email. This should be under the Contact Us link even though it is a fact that is your email, it better fits under where to contact you. This you should also choose whether you want to give out since you already can be reached without sharing your personal email.

3. Photos, you should either remove the photos with all children in them or else state that you have written permission to post their picture. A potential family wants to know they have a sense of security and are not interested in what your daycare kids look like. They want to see your daycare space, things the kids have done, how clean and bright your home looks, etc.

4. I think you could "Merge" your FAQ's with your Rates and Services because you only have a few things mentioned under FAQ's and some is mentioned more than once. If I was looking for care, the last thing I want to read if your last statement under FAQ's about still having to pay if my child only attends a few days that week. You should have already mentioned under Rates and Services that the family pays for a space/slot/spot in your daycare, not attendance and keep it at that.

5. Under "What We Offer" you should change your first paragraph because starting out reading, "I realize my rates are a bit high compared to what others are offering on sites like craigslist, and I would like to take a moment to explain why I charge what I do." First, you don't want to state that CL will be cheaper than you because the parents who want the cheapest just took your advice and went to CL. Secondly, change the wording so you read the positive and not the negative. Ex. "My rates are a bit high" is negative, "Our daycare offers the best value in quality, licensed child care in a loving, warm, nurturing home environment" is positive.

6. Under "What We Offer" and "Rates and Services" you talk specifically about the all inclusive option. Choose one place to explain it in detail. I would recommend under the Rates and Services to explain what it is and just reference it under your What We Offer tab because it might be a unique service to your area.

7. In the "About Our Family" tab, you have one picture of a dog (the first one) and he looks like he is growling. Do you have a different picture that looks more child-friendly?

8. "Home" starts out by saying Welcome to our website!, but you didn't mention your daycare name yet. It is at the very top, but you should welcome the viewer to your daycare name so they remember what site they were on.

I know not many people are online on the weekends, so hope you get more feedback. I enjoyed looking over your site. Thank you for sharing it!
Michael 02:45 PM 01-30-2011
You did a great job. Looks very inviting.
cillybean83 02:48 PM 01-30-2011
thanks for the input! It needs some tweaking, I just through it all together this afternoon

The dog...well...she has a wicked underbite so all pictures look like that :\ ...maybe I should mention the underbite?? lol
pinkbunny85 02:55 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
thanks for the input! It needs some tweaking, I just through it all together this afternoon

The dog...well...she has a wicked underbite so all pictures look like that :\ ...maybe I should mention the underbite?? lol
my Jack a pug had the same underbite. no matter what it looked like she was mean. but I think the pic of yours looks like he's smiling.
Live and Learn 02:56 PM 01-30-2011
A couple other things not mentioned:
1) one of the photos has a baby with a bottle tucked under his arm. It doesn't look like he is in a high chair. This might give a family the impression that you let your lil ones toddle around with a bottle.
2) On your sample menu you mention tomato. I have had 2 families ask me not to give tomatoes until after two. Weird, just thought I would mention it.
cillybean83 03:12 PM 01-30-2011
i just updated it with the suggestions

the baby with the bottle is my dck, we were actually at petco on a field trip and when she's in a new environment she HAS to have her bottle, it's a comfort thing!

I've never heard that about tomatoes!! If a parent specifically asks me not to give them i definately won't! I'll look it up because my kid LOVES tomatoes!

I added little captions to the dog photos with some info too
Michael 03:13 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
A couple other things not mentioned:
1) one of the photos has a baby with a bottle tucked under his arm. It doesn't look like he is in a high chair. This might give a family the impression that you let your lil ones toddle around with a bottle.
2) On your sample menu you mention tomato. I have had 2 families ask me not to give tomatoes until after two. Weird, just thought I would mention it.

Great suggestions.
Abigail 03:18 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Great suggestions.
Michael, did I not give good suggestions?! Just kidding! I know I type a lot and we all have opinions.
Abigail 03:24 PM 01-30-2011
I'm looking at your site again. I love the captions under your pets now, it's funny. I'm not around dogs ever really because I'm allergic so I would have never known that he had an underbite. Do you have a picture of your husband sleeping with a newborn on his chest? I would not show that photo even though I know you're a great provider. It's also great that you added the consent about pictures for the children. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Opps. I just noticed you have "Title Text" on your Rates and Services page. That must have changed when you edited it.
cillybean83 03:29 PM 01-30-2011
Yeah, that's our kid on his chest and he wasn't sleeping, he must have closed his eyes as I snapped the pic, he was in his chair playing poker haha
cillybean83 03:32 PM 01-30-2011
ok, title text fixed and a more wide eyed hubby pic replaced lol
Mrs.Ky 03:37 PM 01-30-2011
Cillybean nice website and your Sons are adorable.
kendallina 05:48 PM 01-30-2011
I really like your site. There is a lot of good information and it's very inviting and fun. I was on the site earlier today before you made some changes, but most of the things I was going to suggest have already been changed. Looks great!
DCMomOf3 06:00 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by kendallina:
I really like your site. There is a lot of good information and it's very inviting and fun. I was on the site earlier today before you made some changes, but most of the things I was going to suggest have already been changed. Looks great!
Yes, I think it's much better. Good job.
WImom 06:07 PM 01-30-2011
Great Job, I think it looks great.
Live and Learn 07:25 PM 01-30-2011
Don't hate me because I am picky...just trying to help.
In the blog section "they're" should be "their".
And in the photo disclaimer "childs" should be "child's"
Looks good.
Little People 04:59 AM 01-31-2011
You have a very nice website!!
dEHmom 07:15 AM 02-07-2011
Hey sorry,

What I noticed was you put on your About Us page that your dogs keep the daycare kids on their toes.

Then in the FAQ's you said they are separated all day except at pickup.

And I would suggest moving the 2 questions on the what we offer page to the faq page.

Looks great!
Michelle 11:38 AM 02-07-2011
you should show picture of your outside play area too!!
lvt77 11:45 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:

I don't know anything about making websites....help! lol
how do you control the days off? If your child is sick no payment, but going to grandmas then they pay?? If i were at parent at your DC then I would always use this as the excuse to get out of paying??

also, do you have any pics of the kids doing activities?? maybe post text by the pictures what the kids are doing in the pic..
SandeeAR 12:55 PM 02-07-2011
Very nice site! Maybe someday I will make one. Right now, unlicensed and full, I don't see a reason for one LOL.
Tags:advertising, website, website review
Reply Up