Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Scary Situation/ Client That Just Termed
hgonzalez 11:45 AM 01-08-2013
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a client that had two children here, their last day was last Friday. They moved on to a 'cheaper' daycare (their words).

Today I read in the local online paper that there was a crazy domestic/party dispute in the house next to their new daycare provider about a week ago. The article also stated that there was a party going on and they moved it to their neighbor's house.
I don't know for sure if the 'neighbor' was the daycare provider's home or not. I do know that the man that was arrested was in a house on the same block.

Anyway, an adult male snapped and came back to the party with a gun and pointed it in the face of his girlfriend and her child and told eyeryone to lay on the floor or he was going to kill them all. This fellow has now been released and according to the article 'has promised not to bother his girlfriend and stay away from the home'.

Okay...this is scaring the heck out of me. What if this guy comes back and the kids are outside and he goes bonkers again? Should I tell my former client that this all went on? I don't want their kids back, but I also don't know if I can sleep at night knowing this guy could come back and innocent children could get hurt in the process. My former client lives in a different town and probably will not read about this incident. Should I contact their licensor?

We all know how well those 'order for protections' work. I read horror stories in the paper all the time. I know this is not my responsibility, but I feel weird about it. What would you do?

Up