Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Layout Help
jenboo 01:44 PM 03-06-2016
So the layout of our new house is different than our old one. In the new house, the Daycare room is not visible from the kitchen. The children in my care are all under 2 so I can't really leave them out of my sight.
For those with a similar set up, how you get meals cooked?
I'm thinking we will eat meals at the dining room table so that I can get the kitchen cleaned up at the same time.

I need some ideas for getting the meals cooked though. The Daycare and house need to be as separate as possible to please hubby so I'm trying not to move a bunch of stuff into the living room which is visible from the kitchen. Plus with them all being so young, we would have up baby/licensing proof the living room which I'm trying to avoid.

I'm hoping you guys will have some ideas.
mamamanda 03:06 PM 03-06-2016
I do as much prep ahead of time as possible and then just heat things up at meal time. I often sit the kids at the table with some sort of fun activity and we listen to music for the 5-10 min it takes to reheat/get everything ready. They either have board books, plastic easter eggs in a basket, paper and crayons for those over a year, a few cars, etc. Something fun and interesting to hold and look at, but super easy to clean up. And we sing a lot during this time.
jenboo 04:07 PM 03-06-2016
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
I do as much prep ahead of time as possible and then just heat things up at meal time. I often sit the kids at the table with some sort of fun activity and we listen to music for the 5-10 min it takes to reheat/get everything ready. They either have board books, plastic easter eggs in a basket, paper and crayons for those over a year, a few cars, etc. Something fun and interesting to hold and look at, but super easy to clean up. And we sing a lot during this time.
That's a good idea! I usually make big batches of each meal (i do a 3 well rotating menu) so that after the first week, I can just reheat.
Maybe I'll get a basket of special table toys
rosieteddy 04:15 PM 03-06-2016
At one time I had to premake and plate the meals before the day started.That way when I sat them at the table there was less time before they ate.I made sandwiches twice a week.Turkey breast one day with raw veggies and fruit .Also grilled cheese sandwiches.I made it super easy with divided covered plates all ready to go.I also had a table toy box .the toys were only played with before or after lunch at the table.Puzzles,matching games and those wooden dolls to dress for example.I would not leave them where you couldn't see them if possible.Good luck.
Tags:cooking, eating, layout, layout - kitchen, lunch, lunch set up
Reply Up