Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>WV Mtn Heart Providers' Question....
ChelseaB 10:53 AM 10-27-2017
Long time, no see, everyone! Took an unintentional long hiatus from here while revamping daycare program, but things have finally settled! One of those changes being that I have recently started accepting Mountain Heart clients (state assisted families for WV). I have a good idea on most all of it except one thing....

An incentive they offer to encourage providers to accept this payment option is that if a family attends a minimum of 13-20 days, they pay the full 20 days regardless of attendance. Which is great! But I am trying to budget in this new client based on her daily fee:state pay, and she did attend over 13 days. SO it’s my long winded way of asking, when I receive my payment from the state, will it actually be:

the total daily rate X 20
OR
(The total daily rate X 20) - (actual days attended X parent fee)

Sorry if it’s a silly question, I just like to be prepared and thought I’d ask here! Thank you all in advance!
amberrose3dg 02:50 PM 10-27-2017
It will be the monthly rate minus her copays. For example let's say she attended 13 days and her copay is 1 dollar and the state pays 500 for the month. Your payment from mtn heart would be 487.
What part of the state are you in?
I don't see too many from wv.
amberrose3dg 02:52 PM 10-27-2017
Also keep in mind the child has to be there over 4 hours also. They are also really picky about the sign in sheets.
ChelseaB 04:59 PM 10-27-2017
Thank you! I’m from Randolph Co

That is what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure! Yes, during my Bill Training with them, they were very thorough lol that was one question I didn’t think to even ask!
Tags:mountain heart, state assisted payments
Reply Up