Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Contract and Policies
tenderhearts 01:13 PM 05-04-2010
I've been doing daycare for almost 12 years and would like to spice up and redo my contract/policies. I've searched online for samples but haven't really found any that I like that much. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share theirs with me? I would really appreciate it. thanks
Michael 01:15 PM 05-04-2010
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I've been doing daycare for almost 12 years and would like to spice up and redo my contract/policies. I've searched online for samples but haven't really found any that I like that much. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share theirs with me? I would really appreciate it. thanks
If you click on the tags at the bottom left of the page you will find similar threads. I know there are some that have contract and policies that you can draw from.
tenderhearts 01:19 PM 05-04-2010
Oh thanks I didn't see that before
tenderhearts 02:03 PM 05-04-2010
If you have a client for a long time and you update things in your policy do you give a new contract to everyone? I have a couple families that have been with me for 4 years and I would like to give them an updated contract but I also wouldn't want to change a couple things on them, such as for the last 3 years I've charged for the major holidays but these 2 clients are on my old contract and do not, I don't want to change that on them so would you just write in theirs waived or would you just not give them a new contract? I dont' have any issues with either of these families so I'm a little hesitant to give them one. Do you just have them sign the policies/handbook then give them a copy and then you keep a copy for your records? Mine is only 2 1/2 pages so I have always had them initial at the bottom of each page and sign the back then I photo copy it for them for their reference? Just curious as to what others do. thanks
Unregistered 07:24 AM 07-21-2010
I have run into the same issue. As long as everything in the contract is the same for the parents I do not change the contract. My licensor is ok with that, so as long as shes happy I am as well. I think for legality that contracts should be resigned and updated every so often. So as I am nearing 3 years with a couple of families I will be giving them the new contracts. I plan to cross through and have both the parents and myself initial those changes you were talking about.
tymaboy 09:04 AM 07-21-2010
I had out a new contract & policy to everyone at the end of the yr & it needs to be returned the beginning of Jan. I highlight what has changed from the previous year.
momma2girls 09:35 AM 07-21-2010
I make any changes to my contract- and hand it to all the families in Dec. it must be signed, dated, and returned no later than Dec. 31 to start the new year.
Pammie 11:45 AM 07-21-2010
Being that most of my clients are teachers, I redo contracts at the beginning of every school year. I hand them out in August along with my Back-To-School Newsletter and they all have until September 1st to get them back to me. Any changes that I make from the previous contract, I highlight in the newsletter.
I also have everyone update their emergency contact and medical forms at this time too.
In this respect, I have great clients that never complain about doing the paperwork, or changes that I make - - but we'll see what happens this year. Not only am I making my closing time earlier (they've all had 2 months notice on that already) but I'm switching from being paid on Fridays for the week just completed to being paid in advance on Mondays.
momma2girls 06:12 AM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by Pammie:
Being that most of my clients are teachers, I redo contracts at the beginning of every school year. I hand them out in August along with my Back-To-School Newsletter and they all have until September 1st to get them back to me. Any changes that I make from the previous contract, I highlight in the newsletter.
I also have everyone update their emergency contact and medical forms at this time too.
In this respect, I have great clients that never complain about doing the paperwork, or changes that I make - - but we'll see what happens this year. Not only am I making my closing time earlier (they've all had 2 months notice on that already) but I'm switching from being paid on Fridays for the week just completed to being paid in advance on Mondays.
GOod for you!! I have teacher's children as well. What closing time are you implementing??
missnikki 06:36 AM 07-22-2010
Originally Posted by Pammie:
Me too. I think it is actually the easiest to follow the school schedule, because eventually the children will be attending one and the hours will change for them or they stop coming. Then the parents don't have to give 2 weeks notice, because their contract expires as soon as the schedule changes.
Tags:contract, policies
Reply Up