Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Parent States Verbal Termination Was Given But It Was Not!!!
MissJessicastead 11:50 AM 06-15-2011
I have a problem I need some advice. I have a parent that has been in my care since Feb 2011. We have a signed childcare contract that states she is responsible for paying when they are on vacation and 2 weeks notice is required. She states to myself and my assistant on or around the start of May that her parents would be here for 2 weeks and he would be gone May 22nd thru June 6th. I sent a reminder letter out to all my parents regarding vacation policy and to review your contracts. She picks him up on the 20th happy as can be says nothing else. I then try to get in contact with her regarding the 2 weeks vacation and 2 weeks notice since she failed to come back on June 6th 2011. My contract states that 2 weeks noticed is required but I failed to put "in writing in" my contract. She is now saying that she gave several verbal notices that he would not be coming back. She never onces stated that he would not be returning or I would have filled his spot and not held it for 2 weeks for him to come back on the 6th of June. Do i have grounds for small Claims court. I have termination letters from all my parents. 4 years running my own in home daycare and never had this problem. She is now stating she was unhappy with my services and that I refused to return his personal items. I returned everything daily.
jen 01:35 PM 06-15-2011
I would change your contract and move on. Please suck sometimes.
daycare 01:56 PM 06-15-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
I would change your contract and move on. Please suck sometimes.
im sure this was a typo....lol but I got a great laugh out of it!!!!!
daycare 01:58 PM 06-15-2011
so are you saying that you don't have in your PHB that parents are required to give a written notice?

If not, I would change your contract/PHB today. Stinks that some times we have to learn to do things the hard way. I try to adapt a policy and be routine about it. Every time someone terms from care, i make sure to follow up with documents and make sure that both parties are understanding everything. You need to make sure that they are no grey areas in your contract/PHB.
jen 02:04 PM 06-15-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
im sure this was a typo....lol but I got a great laugh out of it!!!!!
OMG@ Long day! People suck. Just like my typing!
cyerob 08:27 AM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
so are you saying that you don't have in your PHB that parents are required to give a written notice?

If not, I would change your contract/PHB today. Stinks that some times we have to learn to do things the hard way. I try to adapt a policy and be routine about it. Every time someone terms from care, i make sure to follow up with documents and make sure that both parties are understanding everything. You need to make sure that they are no grey areas in your contract/PHB.
I agree with you daycare. Sometimes before we start a contract we must

evaluate it a million times before implementing it. I guess MissJessicastead

you just have to revise your contract but make sure its right this time lol.
MyAngels 04:34 PM 06-16-2011
You know, I would at least threaten to take her to court. She has just as much evidence that she gave you notice, as you do that she didn't, so basically it's her word against yours.

I would send her a letter by certified mail, detailing what she owes and the date that it is to be paid, and see what she does. She may pay it when she realizes that you are not backing down.
Unregistered 07:29 PM 08-02-2011
I agree with MsAngels!
Tags:termination, termination - verbal
Reply Up