Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Have Little Tikes Log Cabin
Country Kids 01:20 PM 08-17-2012
Someone in my area is selling one for $250. I would love to get it but not sure one if I need another playhouse. I have 3 already (castle, little tikes house and my huge one) and they are used hard but it would look cute in my nature area.

Just wondering if its just plain inside or if there are benches or fold down tables. The one for sale looks really cute and newer but I can't see what it looks like inside.
Blackcat31 01:30 PM 08-17-2012
A fold down table and pretend fire place inside Oh, and a phone.

I personally think $250 is a bit steep for a used price but I have no idea what the going rate for those type toys are in your area so that is just my two cents.
Country Kids 01:35 PM 08-17-2012
Thats what I thought but she said they paid $500+ for it=maybe $550? It look brand new from the pictures. Said her kids outgrew it.

I'm just wondering if its worth parting $250 for. HHHMMM now convencing hubs that I would like it-

For my bday I bought the helicoptor tetor totor. Maybe this could be a very early Christmas present.

I would probably not question it if I didn't just lose a child-
daycarediva 01:39 PM 08-17-2012
love it! I think $250 is high as well. It's cute, but it's $520 brand new.

(says the lady who just ordered another playhouse!)
Blackcat31 01:47 PM 08-17-2012
It is $515-525 brand new but I usually base my used purchases at about 35-40% of what new costs.....so in this case I wouldn't pay more than $200 for it.

It may look and seem just like new but it isn't and I think anyone who has ever bought any type of large purchase knows, things depreciate the second you buy them.
Live and Learn 01:50 PM 08-17-2012
I think we are in the same state. I see on Craigslist that there is one in Aloha and another in SE PDX off i205. One is $75 the other $129. Same log cabin (little tykes).
Country Kids 01:53 PM 08-17-2012
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
love it! I think $250 is high as well. It's cute, but it's $520 brand new.

(says the lady who just ordered another playhouse!)
Oh good another playhouse junkie!

Maybe I'll keep my eye on it and watch to see if she drops the price.
daycarediva 02:05 PM 08-17-2012
I am a toy junkie! I love new toys (more than the kids I think...) I just looked on craigslist and someone has the castle for $140. It was posted today...she got an email. My dd just said "Mom, are you trying to get a playhouse for each kid?!" (yeaaaa)
Country Kids 02:08 PM 08-17-2012
I am a toy junkie! I love new toys (more than the kids I think...) I just looked on craigslist and someone has the castle for $140. It was posted today...she got an email. My dd just said "Mom, are you trying to get a playhouse for each kid?!" (yeaaaa)
I got my castle for $165 off of craigslist last fall I think. We have had many prince/princess stories go on since buying that.

I love it and like having something for the boys as well as the girls having some. Thats why I thought the log cabin would be good.
daycarediva 02:32 PM 08-17-2012
I have an old style plain house, ordered a newer one with benches and a slide attached that is pretty neutral, but dcb and dcg have been playing king & queen lately and it's SUPER CUTE how they have the little dcb be the court jester (completely fits his personality) and they would LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Now, to get dh to pick it up no way it's fitting in my van!
Country Kids 02:42 PM 08-17-2012
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
I think we are in the same state. I see on Craigslist that there is one in Aloha and another in SE PDX off i205. One is $75 the other $129. Same log cabin (little tykes).
Dang, I was just there last weekend! We went to Oaks Park Amusement Park-had a blast.

HHHMMM, its about a 3 - 3.5 hour drive. I would probably use the difference up in gas. Especially in a pickup. Thanks for the tip though-
cheerfuldom 03:09 PM 08-17-2012
I think the price is too high. I got a similar one for just over one hundred
momma2girls 03:17 PM 08-17-2012
I got mine for $100 or $125.00-
Nickel 03:58 PM 08-17-2012
Maybe you could offer a lower price and see what she says? I got my entire little tykes play set for $100 off craigslist. It's not a play house, but it was in the neighborhood of $600 new
Lucy 05:48 PM 08-17-2012
There is one on Craigslist for $75. PM me for the link to the ad.

Edit: Oops, someone already posted that. lol
Lucy 05:52 PM 08-17-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Dang, I was just there last weekend! We went to Oaks Park Amusement Park-had a blast.

HHHMMM, its about a 3 - 3.5 hour drive. I would probably use the difference up in gas. Especially in a pickup. Thanks for the tip though-
Tell the lady in your area that you saw one in the pdx area for $100 and see if she'll drop her price. Worth a try!!!
countrymom 12:23 PM 08-18-2012
I have a playhouse in my house
1 on the front porch and 2 on the back porch I love play houses.

I wouldn't pay more than 100 dollars for it, the one in the house was in almost brand new when I bought it, it was at some grandparents house and the kids never used it, they sold it to me for 10 dollars, I stuffed it in my van and left.
nanglgrl 03:56 PM 08-18-2012
I just bought one today for $65.00 she originally wanted $100 for it but I talked her down. So far we have a castle(had it since my son was little so 18 years and it still looks great), log cabin, town center and a house now I just want one more house (maybe a more girly one) with a little kitchen inside and some cupboard space to complete my "village". I too sometimes I think I love the toys more than the kids too bad my butt is almost to large to fit through the doors. LOL!
countrymom 06:10 PM 08-18-2012
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
I just bought one today for $65.00 she originally wanted $100 for it but I talked her down. So far we have a castle(had it since my son was little so 18 years and it still looks great), log cabin, town center and a house now I just want one more house (maybe a more girly one) with a little kitchen inside and some cupboard space to complete my "village". I too sometimes I think I love the toys more than the kids too bad my butt is almost to large to fit through the doors. LOL!
omg, i have that same problems lol!
nanglgrl 06:38 PM 08-18-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
they sold it to me for 10 dollars, I stuffed it in my van and left.

My Lil' Monkeys 08:25 AM 08-20-2012
In my area someone was moving and I got my Little Tykes castle for $12!! Yup, $12!!! I love it!!! I love outdoor play houses... wish my house was bigger to put one in the house for the kids
renodeb 06:51 AM 08-21-2012
I have the little tyke school house and its a favorite toy. I to think $250.00 is high. If they paid 500-550 for it there probably gonna get 100-150 for it.
Debbie
Unregistered 06:58 AM 08-21-2012
I have to say, $250 seems like an awful lot! MAYBE if it was kept indoor and in complete MINT condition, might be worth it.

I bought mine 2 years ago for $100. It had been kept outside, a little dirty, but was in perfect shape. Little Tikes stuff is built to last, just washed it ans looked great!

Just me 2 cents!
Unregistered 08:56 AM 09-15-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Someone in my area is selling one for $250. I would love to get it but not sure one if I need another playhouse. I have 3 already (castle, little tikes house and my huge one) and they are used hard but it would look cute in my nature area.

Just wondering if its just plain inside or if there are benches or fold down tables. The one for sale looks really cute and newer but I can't see what it looks like inside.
Hi. I am getting ready to post a Little Tikes log cabin playhouse for $225. It is in very good condition. The shutters/windows open/close and it has a pull out table inside. If interested please call me at 443-613-7775. I am getting ready to post pictures on Craigslist - Baltimore, Maryland area in the next few minutes if you would care to see it.
Tags:little tykes, little tykes - log cabin
Reply Up