Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Really? It's About Time That...
melilley 02:24 PM 01-13-2014
people are calling about daycare openings! I had a CL ad up for 3 months right before the holidays to replace a 3yo dcb. I had only gotten about 1 call a month when it was posted and all of the inquiries were for the wrong age or didn't need full time.

Well, I have gotten 3 calls in the past 3 days from people needing daycare! I even took my ad down right before Christmas and people are calling!

And I had an interview last week and decided to take on a 16/17 week old starting in Feb.! I'm nervous about taking a baby, I had 2 babies since opening a year ago, but they are now almost 18 mo. It's definitely going to be a change!

When it rains it does pour!
mema 02:29 PM 01-13-2014

Good luck with baby! I had an ad posted for quite a while for a toddler or preschooler. Had a few interviews, but nothing panned out. I changed my ad to include infant (even tho I really don't want that age) and I have had over 30 calls/emails in 2 weeks. I finally had to start telling people I would have to get back to them. I did a weeks worth of interviews and will see if it gets filled from there. I have 1 that I am going to offer the spot to and see if they want it.
melonieb 05:00 PM 01-13-2014
I am in the same boat. Had two families leave, one due to moving and another due to promotion at work. Put my ad in cl and doing the waiting game. Have had 6 calls today and 1 tour. Need the families. Lol
melilley 01:37 PM 01-15-2014
Wow, I just got 3 calls in 2 days for infants!
MotherNature 03:42 PM 01-15-2014
Congrats! I just put my ad back up today for a non-infant spot. Seems I always get calls for babies. I have a 4 month old & am pregnant, so I don't want more babies.
Reply Up