Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?
DaveA 04:09 AM 02-04-2019
I get emails from teespring regarding daycare provider t-shirts constantly. Most are either cutesy or funny but the one I got yesterday leaves me shaking my head. It says "Daycare Provider. Not fragile like a flower. Fragile like a bomb!"

Normally I have a pretty active, sarcastic, and kind of dark sense of humor. But this one just left me shaking my head. Who thought "Daycare provider- likely to explode" was a great message? Am I reading too much into this one? Or is it really inappropriate?
Annalee 04:23 AM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by DaveA:
I get emails from teespring regarding daycare provider t-shirts constantly. Most are either cutesy or funny but the one I got yesterday leaves me shaking my head. It says "Daycare Provider. Not fragile like a flower. Fragile like a bomb!"

Normally I have a pretty active, sarcastic, and kind of dark sense of humor. But this one just left me shaking my head. Who thought "Daycare provider- likely to explode" was a great message? Am I reading too much into this one? Or is it really inappropriate?
Yep, and if providers wore that saying on a shirt, I am positive with the way things are now, we would cause a riot and beyond.
Pestle 05:17 AM 02-04-2019
Either the "designer" is an algorithm in a basement computer somewhere, or they need psychiatric help.
Blackcat31 06:55 AM 02-04-2019
My first thought was something along the lines of "you da boom!" type phrases.... but I can absolutely see how that would be somewhat "iffy" too in this day and age.

Blackcat31 06:58 AM 02-04-2019
I got this for a Christmas gift from a family member.
One of my DCM's made a comment that led me to believe she was insulted by it so I wear it under my sweatshirts etc now...

Mike 09:17 AM 02-04-2019
I guess different people look at things different ways. I like BC's shirt, but sure, some will get a different idea from it. As for "Daycare Provider. Not fragile like a flower. Fragile like a bomb!", I don't think that would go over very well, but for some it might be funny.
Josiegirl 09:37 AM 02-04-2019
Fragile like a bomb. Hmmm so many ways to take that but in this day and age, wouldn't be one I'd want to wear.
Mom2Two 11:29 AM 02-04-2019
Yeah, to me the message reads like: "I'm a crazy nut job, likely to explode." Probably not a great way to keep good clients!
e.j. 06:00 PM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Yeah, to me the message reads like: "I'm a crazy nut job, likely to explode." Probably not a great way to keep good clients!
I kind of felt like that this morning but I'd never wear a t-shirt advertising the fact.
DaveA 03:53 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I got this for a Christmas gift from a family member.
One of my DCM's made a comment that led me to believe she was insulted by it so I wear it under my sweatshirts etc now...

Now I like that shirt. I have a DCK that DCM and I describe as "cute & cuddly- just like a baby cougar!" The shirt I posted about just rubbed me the wrong way.
DaveA 03:45 AM 02-09-2019
Well they managed to follow that shirt up with another real winner. Last night's email was for one reading "Crazy Daycare Provider". That one isn't bad- I liken it to the "Crazy (insert pet type here) Person" shirts I've seen a bunch. No big deal right? Well they have a companion shirt for sale also. For your husband. This shirt reads "Don't flirt with me! I love my girl. She is a Crazy Daycare Provider. She will Murder you!" Yeah that sends a great message. Either they're trying to be stupid or they're morons.
Josiegirl 08:03 AM 02-09-2019
I think there are many people out there trying to make a buck with cute t-shirt sayings.
Sweet pea 09:34 AM 02-10-2019
I want one for when we all go out that says “ they’re not my kids “
Tags:failed tagline, marketing fail
Reply Up