Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vomiting
CountryRoads 10:30 AM 03-07-2019
How do you determine if it's from an illness or not?? Dcb was out M and T because of puking. Just puked at lunch time today. No fever, acting fine. But puked.

I called mom, but just curious how you all handle it?
Cat Herder 10:48 AM 03-07-2019
How do his tonsils look? Back of throat?
CountryRoads 10:54 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
How do his tonsils look? Back of throat?
I just tried to check, couldn't get a good look. Didn't look overly red, though.

He was puking S and M. Gone M and T. Sister (also dck) was puking on Saturday and found out the other night that ALL of her kids and husband were home sick.
Blackcat31 10:55 AM 03-07-2019
Vomit from coughing too hard or some other non-illness related reason and vomit from illness are both gross and unsanitary.

Vomit = go home.
Stay home until no vomit for 24 hours.
Msdunny 10:59 AM 03-07-2019
I don't do vomit, so puking = exclusion. My very first year, I had a little come in after he had been out for a couple of days with vomiting and runny diapers, and it went through the family like you are describing. He came back with no fever, playing normally, and one puking session after lunch. This was on a Friday, and by the next day I was sick as a dog with norovirus. So I just don't do puke. Nope.
CountryRoads 11:13 AM 03-07-2019
Mom came and picked up and told me that her older kids are home today from school because they are still sick

The perks of daycare.
Jupadia 12:13 PM 03-07-2019
I've had kids vomiting without fever before. Everyone fights of viruses diffeent ways. Some kids are fevers, some diarrhea and some puke.

Any vomiting I send home.
DaveA 12:24 PM 03-07-2019
I don't need to know why they are vomiting. I'm not dealing with it here. They need to be not vomiting for 24 hours before they can come back.
CountryRoads 08:05 AM 03-08-2019
My policy is 24 hour vomit-free. I know that's pretty standard!

I had to enforce it this morning when dcm tried bringing him back this morning. I also had another dck start puking last night. Obviously a stomach bug going around.
hwichlaz 08:23 AM 03-08-2019
Unless they are on a full liquid diet (formula or breast milk) they go home. And if they ARE on a full liquid diet and I can't find a reason for the vomit (tummy time too soon after a really big bottle or not burping etc) they go home.
Jupadia 08:29 AM 03-08-2019
We have a friends who both kids, have pulled every day (at start) of their care for a couple months each. I bit my tongue and said nothing cause if I had a kid like that there is no way I would have dealt with that issue. They told us it was the kids anxiety that caused it. But there is know way I would have. I know the kids went / go to a center based daycare. I deal for the workers who had to deal.
springv 07:44 PM 03-09-2019
Our policy is that if a child is sick that they must stay home for 24/48 hours and must be symptom free before they return to care
CeriBear 08:44 AM 03-10-2019
If they vomit at daycare they are sent home and must not return until they are vomit free for 24 hours. Maybe it isn’t a virus but we don’t want to take that chance. I’ve been vomited on before. It’s gross and very unsanitary.
Tags:vomiting
Reply Up