Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Enrollment
Jo123ABC 02:56 PM 03-07-2019
What do you guys do for enrollment/interviews? I'm selective about who comes to daycare here because I'd rather not have to terminate any contracts. Up to this point I've just been lucky and known most clients as acquaintances prior to enrolling but I've had a couple of bad eggs and have had 1 leave of their own accord due to differences and one terminated contract on my part.

Do you guys email some kind of "about me" form prior to interviewing. Do you interview multiple families before making a decision? I'm worried about people getting offended if they aren't chosen because I live in a small(ish) town but I'd rather get "the right fit" I have an "about me" form that I give during our first meeting usually but am wondering if it'd be weird to send it in an email
Meeko 06:04 PM 03-07-2019
I always interview several families for a spot. It helps weed out the "RUN!!!" crowd LOL!

I tell them that I will choose which child to take by such & such date. I then message all the ones who didn't make it and say I was happy to meet them, but the place has been filled. I never want parents to think they are employing me or that enrollment is their choice. Interviewing this way lets them know I have options and am in charge of my own business.
DaveA 05:48 AM 03-08-2019
I tell parents after an interview I won't make a decision for 48 hours. Gives me time to step back and think about how the interview went and if they're a good fit for my program.

I live in a small town also. It's never been an issue if someone complains about me being picky. If anything it's an asset- prospective parents know I am careful in how I run my business.
Tags:enrollment, interview - ideas
Reply Up