Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Impromptu Learning Moment
DaveA 08:26 AM 03-27-2019
Today's surprise learning experience is about plumbing. Namely why there suddenly is water all over the bathroom floor while washing hands for snacks, what a P trap is, what happens when it mysteriously cracks, where to go get them, and how quickly I can change one out while answering "Whatcha doing Mr. Dave?" every 3 seconds. The kiddos had a blast.
Blackcat31 08:41 AM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Today's surprise learning experience is about plumbing. Namely why there suddenly is water all over the bathroom floor while washing hands for snacks, what a P trap is, what happens when it mysteriously cracks, where to go get them, and how quickly I can change one out while answering "Whatcha doing Mr. Dave?" every 3 seconds. The kiddos had a blast.
That's awesome! (NOT the toilet issue lol!)

It's great when real life experiences become teachable moments. I am sure it's something they will remember!

Hoping you got everything cleared out and cleaned up without too much trouble!
Pestle 08:42 AM 03-27-2019
So what were you doin', Mr. Dave?

What was that water doin', Mr. Dave?

What were you doin' NOW, Mr. Dave?

Now what was that water doin', Mr. Dave?
Ariana 10:49 AM 03-27-2019
Haha that is amazing! Bet they loved every minute of it

Reminds me of the time I had a clogged toilet and was using the plunger. Oye
Blackcat31 01:30 PM 03-27-2019
Must be the day for toilet issues.

Right after lunch 'E' one of my younger 3 yr olds comes out of the bathroom and says "Miss BC, the water is full to the top"

I go look and he had used waaaaaaaaay too much toilet paper causing a back up. I plunged it and got everything back to normal.

As I am leaving the bathroom I remind 'E' that he should be careful about how much toilet paper he uses from now on.

He immediately replies "Well, why did you give me so much?"

I'm like dude... just because it's hanging on the roll doesn't mean I gave it to you.
Pestle 06:45 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I remind 'E' that he should be careful about how much toilet paper he uses from now on.

He immediately replies "Well, why did you give me so much?"

I'm like dude... just because it's hanging on the roll doesn't mean I gave it to you.

Mike 03:41 PM 03-28-2019
Almost anything can be a learning experience for kids. Just glad it wasn't something serious.

Hope yours wasn't too messy BC.
flying_babyb 03:50 PM 03-28-2019
Equally funny: I work in a center right now. MY coworker had a clogged sink. Shes whinning and saying how they will have to find he a new room... Whine, whine whine. I went to the art center, grabbed the small art plunger. The kids all rush over "ATCHA doing Enny? Is that a bunger Enny? Enny are you gona punge it?" I shoved the plunger down, plunged a bit and BOOM! a big pop and the water goes down. Coworkers jaw drops. I cant believe how much stuff people cant do.
Reply Up