Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Transition to a New Teacher?
flying_babyb 03:26 PM 03-30-2019
I know most of you are home daycares. I work in a center. My co teacher who has had most of these kids from 4-5 months (most are almost 2) is transitioning over to the classroom next door. We are getting a new teacher, who has been at our center around 4 months, and the kids see when she picks up her child. So I am writing the weekly newsletter. What tips can I give parents to help their child with this transition? I have been in this classoom 3 months.
Bluemoon5 06:39 PM 03-31-2019
I work in a center. In my experience it's usually the parents (especially those parents) who have a harder time with teacher transitions than the kids do, particularly at that age (you said they're around two?). Here they just send out a quick note to the parents letting them know who's leaving the room, what room they're going to, who's coming in, where they're coming from, where/when the kids or parents may have seen the teacher; stuff like that. Kids in centers, at least as far as I've seen, are pretty resilient to teacher changes, since they usually see different ones throughout the day.
DaveA 03:48 AM 04-01-2019
Like bluemoon said- the parents will probably have more of an issue than the parents. Especially if the new teacher is someone they've already seen. When I was in centers the director handled parent notification of staffing changes. If you want to put something in your newsletter just thank the old teacher, welcome the new teacher, and reassure the parents that this is not a "new" face for the DCKs.
Tags:transitioning, transitioning - new teacher
Reply Up