Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sunscreen/Bug Spray
CountryRoads 01:59 PM 04-15-2019
For those of you that supply sunscreen and bug spray, what kind do you use?

Last year, I used Babyganics for both, and I wasn't a huge fan. I'd like to switch!
LostMyMarbles 02:06 PM 04-15-2019
I have a lot of children that have skin sensitivities. Each of my families provide their own sunscreen. I write their names on the can or bottle. Some prefer the lotion, some prefer the spray. Some prefer a hypo allergenic from the Honest Company. I have one that gets theirs from the health food store. And I have some that just like the store name brand. It’s just easier for me for each of them to have their own with their names on it. I have them all in a locked container, and line up the kids and spray or lotion them down with their own sunscreen.
Msdunny 03:51 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by LostMyMarbles:
I have a lot of children that have skin sensitivities. Each of my families provide their own sunscreen. I write their names on the can or bottle. Some prefer the lotion, some prefer the spray. Some prefer a hypo allergenic from the Honest Company. I have one that gets theirs from the health food store. And I have some that just like the store name brand. It’s just easier for me for each of them to have their own with their names on it. I have them all in a locked container, and line up the kids and spray or lotion them down with their own sunscreen.
Same here
ColorfulSunburst 04:57 PM 04-15-2019
I use this one: https://www.amazon.com/SPF-Rx-Sunscr...14&sr=8-4&th=1
LittleExplorers 05:14 PM 04-15-2019
I use Neutrogena for sun screen. If they aren't ok with that one, they provide it. It's the only one that doesn't bug my son's skin, so it's the only one I buy.

Bug spray, they provide.
hwichlaz 07:24 PM 04-15-2019
nutregena baby sticks, one per kid

no bug spray
Snowmom 06:12 AM 04-16-2019
Beauty counter and Badger products.
Sticks are my preference but lotion is the most economical.
I spend a little more for these products because of the ingredients (EWG rating was important to me).
Blackcat31 06:18 AM 04-16-2019
More threads about sun screen
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=sunscreen
Blackcat31 06:22 AM 04-16-2019
All my families have different needs/requests for sun screen so everyone supplies their own. They label it with child's name and leave it in their cubby baskets. Some bring lotion, some bring sticks and some bring spray.

Parents arrive in the morning and apply the first application of sunscreen for the day themselves when dropping off.
I reapply as needed throughout the day.

Some of my families use bug spray and some do not.
Some use gentle approaches such as Avon's Skin-so-soft and others just use Deep Woods Off with deet.
DaveA 08:07 AM 04-16-2019
I keep skin so soft on hand for bug spray. Sunscreen I use store brand waterproof SPF 30. If DCPS want something else they can supply it.
lovemykidstoo 08:24 AM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
All my families have different needs/requests for sun screen so everyone supplies their own. They label it with child's name and leave it in their cubby baskets. Some bring lotion, some bring sticks and some bring spray.

Parents arrive in the morning and apply the first application of sunscreen for the day themselves when dropping off.
I reapply as needed throughout the day.

Some of my families use bug spray and some do not.
Some use gentle approaches such as Avon's Skin-so-soft and others just use Deep Woods Off with deet.
Same here. I let the parents buy so I dont' have to worry about any allergic reaction. Last year i started having parents apply the first coat and I did 2nd later in the day. So much easier.
Ariana 08:47 AM 04-16-2019
Everyone supplies their own sunscreen. I use OFF for kids but only on their ankles and a spray inside their sunhat if the mosquitoes are particularly bad. I use DEET for my own kids.
Tags:babyganics, bug spray, sunscreen
Reply Up