Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help with Daycare Name
janell999 06:48 PM 06-13-2019
I have been trying to come up with a name for my daycare..i'm in the process of getting licensed so I need a name for all my paperwork and policies and all that. I asked a bunch of my Facebook friends because i am just not very creative that way. Everything I thought of sounded so cheesy and over done...like "here we grow" "little Sprouts" etc...(no offense if that's your daycare name). So someone suggested TinkerTots Child Care. and i really like that one. but like i said, i'm bad at this so maybe that's cheesy too?! help me out...what do you think? Any other good ideas?
CalCare 08:43 PM 06-13-2019
If you like Tinker Tots, I think it's good for you!

I do think whatever you choose, there should be some reason for it. Like, do you facilitate tinkering in your program a lot?

I see "tinkering" used a lot probably because it's a buzz word now and people like to link it to "STEM". It doesn't make sense to me. I see lots of social media posts of "tinker trays" but really it's just a sensory bin with theme related toys... I mean, "tinkering" means working with and fixing mechanical things and making things that really work.

Also, I would rather pick a name that is completely unique. A name I can register the domain for and no one will have it.

I think Tinker Tots could be cute, just as long as you don't give it a whacky spelling! 😆 "Tinkr Taughts" or something 😆😆😆
Gemma 02:14 AM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by CalCare:
, I would rather pick a name that is completely unique. A name I can register the domain for and no one will have it.
I have a registered name, but that didn't make it as unique as I thought! ....in fact there are so many daycare with the same name as mine across the States, that people might think it's a corporation

O.P , you should pick the name that resonate with you! Most names will be cheese but hey, it's kids we're talking about!
DaveA 04:36 AM 06-14-2019
If you like Tinker Tots go with it. I have to admit mine is unimaginative- A***** Family Child Care.

I'm still hoping for a faith based program to name themselves "Holy Terrors!"
janell999 10:07 AM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by CalCare:
If you like Tinker Tots, I think it's good for you!

I do think whatever you choose, there should be some reason for it. Like, do you facilitate tinkering in your program a lot?

I see "tinkering" used a lot probably because it's a buzz word now and people like to link it to "STEM". It doesn't make sense to me. I see lots of social media posts of "tinker trays" but really it's just a sensory bin with theme related toys... I mean, "tinkering" means working with and fixing mechanical things and making things that really work.

Also, I would rather pick a name that is completely unique. A name I can register the domain for and no one will have it.

I think Tinker Tots could be cute, just as long as you don't give it a whacky spelling! 😆 "Tinkr Taughts" or something 😆😆😆

I think it's more of a play off the name of the popular kids toys "Tinker Toys" I wouldn't have thought to link it to STEM, but i can see the reasoning. I think it's more to do with kids like to tinker around with toys and things, not necessarily fixing them, but seeing how they work. but i see your perspective too.

and, there will be NO whacky spellings! that's a pet peeve of mine
Tags:daycare name, daycare name business title, daycare names, names, naming your business
Reply Up