Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Offering Diapers and Wipes
Unregistered 08:48 PM 07-27-2019
I am thinking about offering diapers and wipes in my home daycare. I want to know if anyone does this do you charge extra for having these available so the parents don't have to bring them? If so what's a good price to charge? Do you just tell them it would be an added on fee if they choose you to provide them?
284878 05:47 AM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am thinking about offering diapers and wipes in my home daycare. I want to know if anyone does this do you charge extra for having these available so the parents don't have to bring them? If so what's a good price to charge? Do you just tell them it would be an added on fee if they choose you to provide them?
I don't offer but others do. I have considered offering just wipes but I haven't decided the best way of doing it.
If I did I would provide one brand and if they wanted a different brand they'd have to provide (at no discount) or if I would require a minimum donation from we each family.

If I were to seriously consider buying I would date each package of wipes as they got open to see how long it takes to use them up. Then base on that, I would calculate cost and add a convenience fee.
DaveA 06:23 AM 07-28-2019
I provide wipes unless DCPs want a specific brand, then it's up to them to supply them. Cost is built into my tuition.

I looked into supplying diapers but decided against it. If you do figure out how much it would cost weekly (remember bigger kids=few diapers per pack=more $) and add enough of an upcharge to make it worth your time. Make sure you include things like tax and cost of a trip to the store to get them. Either add that into tuition or charge a separate fee. If parents wanted a specific brand they could either provide them or pay more.
Unregistered 08:48 PM 07-28-2019
Thank you! That sounds like a good plan and I'll definitely keep track on how much I use.
Unregistered 08:51 PM 07-28-2019
Both of you gave good advice on how to handle it .
AmyKidsCo 01:29 PM 07-30-2019
I've considered it but all of my parents have a preferred brand and will ONLY use that brand. I suppose you could provide diapers and wipes with the uncharge and if parents don't like your brand they could supply their own.
Tags:providing - supplies, providing diapers, wipes
Reply Up