Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Well That's a New One
DaveA 04:07 AM 08-09-2019
Maybe it's because I haven't had any caffeine yet, but I found this way too funny.

Had a lady call yesterday about care. Emailed her my Policy Handbook/ Contract for them to look over before setting up an interview. Got her reply overnight.

She red penned it and sent it back with the changes that would make my "employment" fit their needs!!!!!!

Not big changes y'all. She just

Took out the late fee section
Changed payment date from first Monday of pay period to the last Friday
Took out 2 paid holidays (my Birthday and Anniversary)
Deleted the rule against toys from home
Changed the provision that parents have to use their vacation weeks in full week increments and not piecemeal day here/ day there.

I don't think my response will be to her liking.

Don't worry- I kept it professional no matter how much I wanted to reply with "ARE YOU @#$%ING KIDDING ME!!!!"
Josiegirl 04:14 AM 08-09-2019
Oh my. Lol How could you stay professional? Maybe it's easier writing it out to them but after I got done laughing my response to a person like that, I'd have to tell them sorry, that's not how it works. UNLESS she'd like to pay for insurance, and every single thing an employer pays for. Has she never had her kid in dc before? Wouldn't she be a piece of work to enroll??!!
Ac114 04:27 AM 08-09-2019
NO.WORDS.

Literally, I have no words for this. Please tell me you were at least a little sarcastic in your response?! Hahaha

knoxmomof2 05:16 AM 08-09-2019
Oh dear!!! WHAT did you say back? I think I would enjoy letting them know that my policies aren't negotiable and it doesn't seem like we would be a good fit
Annalee 06:11 AM 08-09-2019
Oh my goodness!
Ariana 06:12 AM 08-09-2019
Ok this lady took things up a notch. We have a new bar set for parental behaviour. Looking forward to whomever tops this

Annalee 06:24 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Ok this lady took things up a notch. We have a new bar set for parental behaviour. Looking forward to whomever tops this

i don't know what would top Dave but I did have a call yesterday with a someone asking if I would discount the second child alot because they had two children but couldn't afford but one child care slot????? I don't have any openings but told them I would put them on the waiting list and she said no because I wouldn't offer a sibling discount
Blackcat31 06:47 AM 08-09-2019

DaveA 08:01 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Ac114:
NO.WORDS.

Literally, I have no words for this. Please tell me you were at least a little sarcastic in your response?! Hahaha

No because I knew if I was a little sarcastic I would be a LOT sarcastic. Just told her I wouldn’t be scheduling an interview as they weren’t a good fit based on a basic misunderstanding of professional/ client relationship. I did give the advice that any program willing to make concessions/ changes like that (especially before even meeting) would be a program they probably wouldn’t like.
Rockgirl 08:05 AM 08-09-2019
Of course we will need an update if she responds!
Josiegirl 09:23 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by DaveA:
No because I knew if I was a little sarcastic I would be a LOT sarcastic. Just told her I wouldn’t be scheduling an interview as they weren’t a good fit based on a basic misunderstanding of professional/ client relationship. I did give the advice that any program willing to make concessions/ changes like that (especially before even meeting) would be a program they probably wouldn’t like.
Aw man, we were counting on you for some good head-shaking entertainment for this Friday, not such a professional courteous response. And you had the perfect opportunity.
DaveA 09:42 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Aw man, we were counting on you for some good head-shaking entertainment for this Friday, not such a professional courteous response. And you had the perfect opportunity.
Every once in a while self control gets the better of me. I really was laughing too hard to be snarky. The level of cluelessness exhibited was frankly too stunning to mock.

Now if she responds & it's equally ridiculous all bets are off.
HHangout 10:00 AM 08-09-2019
It's like "Im sorry you thought this was negotiable. I would love to go to all the businesses I use and change their contracts, sounds like a fun idea. Thanks for the laughs"
knoxmomof2 12:04 PM 08-09-2019

amberrose3dg 12:13 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by HHangout:
It's like "Im sorry you thought this was negotiable. I would love to go to all the businesses I use and change their contracts, sounds like a fun idea. Thanks for the laughs"

Cant believe people think a business contract can be changed. There wouldn't be one then.
Ariana 12:23 PM 08-09-2019
Every once in a while self control gets the better of me. I really was laughing too hard to be snarky. The level of cluelessness exhibited was frankly too stunning to mock.

I honestly think this person is too stupid to even get sarcasm!!!
DaveA 12:52 PM 08-11-2019
I posted this on Facebook and someone came up with a theory that kind of makes sense. They wondered if Mom really doesn't want to find care. Like if she wants to stay home and not go back to work and this is her way of making sure that happens- "No really Dear- I can't find anyone to watch the baby!"

Either way- she never replied.
e.j. 02:39 PM 08-11-2019
That does make sense or it could be she's just that ballsy. I used to live in a cul-de-sac area where 3 of us had home day cares. My next door neighbor showed me the handbook she got back from one of her clients. It was all marked up in red where the dcm had penned in changes to the policies and crossed out entire sections where the dcm apparently didn't agree with a policy at all. I was stunned when I saw it and asked why she took that parent on. She said she had just opened her day care at the time and was desperate for clients. She also thought maybe her policies were maybe too strict. The dcm was another mom in the cul-de-sac and while she could be very nice, she could also be pretty intimidating. I was asked to be a backup for the first provider but I was "full" at the time.
Mom2Two 07:20 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by Ac114:
NO.WORDS.

NO KIDDING!!!!! The whole thing is somewhere between hysterically funny and downright scary.
Mom2Two 07:23 PM 08-11-2019
No because I knew if I was a little sarcastic I would be a LOT sarcastic. Just told her I wouldn’t be scheduling an interview as they weren’t a good fit based on a basic misunderstanding of professional/ client relationship. Funny!

I did give the advice that any program willing to make concessions/ changes like that (especially before even meeting) would be a program they probably wouldn’t like.
Truth.
Snowmom 06:38 AM 08-12-2019
I posted this on Facebook and someone came up with a theory that kind of makes sense. They wondered if Mom really doesn't want to find care. Like if she wants to stay home and not go back to work and this is her way of making sure that happens- "No really Dear- I can't find anyone to watch the baby!"
It's possible.

Although, I've run into so many egotistical families with the mentality: YOU work for ME in this business, that I think they're really just that entitled.
Unregistered 11:42 AM 08-12-2019
She made my day!!!
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
littlefriends 11:50 AM 08-12-2019
Haha!!!! No. Just no.
DaveA 04:07 AM 04-29-2020
Necroposting

Guess who was on Facebook yesterday looking for a daycare that "actually wants to work"?

Since this went down I know 4 daycares that she enrolled her kid in. The longest one made it just over 3 months, and that provider has the patience of a saint.

People were suggesting providers, and her response to every one was negative. Someone suggested me- did you know I'm arrogant and don't know anything about childcare? It did not go well for her in the comments. Current and former DCPs of the providers she trashed were starting to tell her the problem wasn't the providers. The post was not there this morning- my guess is either her or the group admin deleted it. Shame- it was quite entertaining.
Josiegirl 04:12 AM 04-29-2020
Lol I would've suggested 1. a nanny(although I'm sure she would've gone through them like cheap shoes too) or 2. she could stay home *gasp* and care for her child herself.
PB&J 04:33 PM 04-29-2020
Necroposting

Guess who was on Facebook yesterday looking for a daycare that "actually wants to work"?

Since this went down I know 4 daycares that she enrolled her kid in. The longest one made it just over 3 months, and that provider has the patience of a saint.

People were suggesting providers, and her response to every one was negative. Someone suggested me- did you know I'm arrogant and don't know anything about childcare? It did not go well for her in the comments. Current and former DCPs of the providers she trashed were starting to tell her the problem wasn't the providers. The post was not there this morning- my guess is either her or the group admin deleted it. Shame- it was quite entertaining.
I am BEGGING you to please keep us updated on this! Pretty please with sugar on top.
284878 06:24 AM 04-30-2020
In the future one could respond with:

Thank you for all your hard work but I already have an editor. This policy book is already been fully edited and sent to the publisher. Any future edits will be done by me and my editor. Again thank you for your time and good luck on your search for child care.
MarleneAK 10:25 AM 05-01-2020
I think after a few years in daycare most of us have seen parents do it all. We always, very politely tell them to shove it.
AmyKidsCo 01:18 PM 05-01-2020
Too, too funny!

You could've bounced it back to her and agreed to each of the changes - for a hefty fee. Like, an extra $100 each check to change the payday.
Tags:contract - revisions, handbook changes, parent - changes contract, parent handbook, parents - do crazy things
Reply Up