WOW..............just sickening:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...160004793.html
is this real? Please tell me its not
nannyde 03:53 PM 11-07-2011
Disgusting

Hitting a six month old baby? Are you KIDDING me

The whole thing is sickening but COME ON
Kaddidle Care 04:01 PM 11-07-2011
Frightening. There is a huge difference between a spanking and a beating.

People are taking their interpretations to the extreme.

Those poor children.
Crystal 04:05 PM 11-07-2011
Yes, it is real.
daycare 04:07 PM 11-07-2011
OMG I should not have read this...I feel sick....This is so sad.......
Country Kids 04:11 PM 11-07-2011
This book has been around forever! Its not a new thing and I'm not condoning anything these parents are doing but I'm trying to figure out if this is a church pushing this book or what. I actually have had it for about 18 years and will glance through it tonight but I don't remember anything about doing this to the children. I know it talks about spanking a child possibly but not to this extent. Something isn't making sense about the story. Has anyone else ever read it? Also, both children that were commented about were from other countries which I found strange that both children had been adopted and were featured but no one's biologicaly children had been harmed that we know of.
momofsix 04:29 PM 11-07-2011
I've heard of this book before, had experience with parents that followed their teachings. While the book (as I remember) does NOT at all condone anything at all like these "parents" did to these poor children, it is still waaaaay over the top in my opinion.

I consider the practices in the Pearl's book to be both controlling and abusive. I believe their views of God and the Bible is seriously distorted! They take one part what God says in his word and completely ignore the whole context of what the Bible is really about which is God's love, grace, forgiveness and salvation.

People that abuse their children in any way make me absolutely sick to my stomach. To adopt a child and promise to love him/her forever and then abuse that child is (to me) even worse. To abuse a child in the name of God is the worst yet-Jesus himself had a tender spot for children, and there are serious warnings for anyone that would cause a child to be led astray.
Heidi 04:30 PM 11-07-2011
Country-

I remember this book from years ago, too! I read it and quickly dismissed it as rubbish, at least for my family. A little extreme for my taste
melskids 04:34 PM 11-07-2011
oh yeah...its for real.

My mothers pastor gave me a copy when I had my first child.

And that all i'm gonna say about that.
Heidi 04:51 PM 11-07-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
oh yeah...its for real.

My mothers pastor gave me a copy when I had my first child.

And that all i'm gonna say about that.
lol Mel....I've seen your website. "To train up a child" sure fits in with your approach, eh?
AfterSchoolMom 04:52 PM 11-07-2011
I've read it. It is extreme (I remember them saying that if you had to sit on your older child to get them to submit, to go ahead and do so ) but they do go on to say that punishments should never be given in anger and that they don't condone extreme punishments or abuse (though I think that line is blurred big time in the book).
Hunni Bee 08:21 PM 11-07-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
This book has been around forever! Its not a new thing and I'm not condoning anything these parents are doing but I'm trying to figure out if this is a church pushing this book or what. I actually have had it for about 18 years and will glance through it tonight but I don't remember anything about doing this to the children. I know it talks about spanking a child possibly but not to this extent. Something isn't making sense about the story. Has anyone else ever read it? Also, both children that were commented about were from other countries which I found strange that both children had been adopted and were featured but no one's biologicaly children had been harmed that we know of.
I went to the website and although a lot of it is over the top and some of it borders on abusive, most of what I read talked about getting what you want from the child in a loving, teaching way. I don't know. I didn't read it all...I could have missed it.
Tags:article
Reply Up