Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Creative Curriculum
kcnjason 05:18 AM 03-21-2012
I am considering the "Creative Curriculum" for my home childcare but was hoping to get some input before I do. Anyone that has used it, what are your opinions? Is it worth the money? What all do you purchase? Any help would be great!
Blackcat31 08:43 AM 03-21-2012
PM Melskids as I think she uses many different combinations of curriculums but i know she tends to follow the Creative Curriculum closest. (I think)

Here is a tag search with some threads on Creative Curriculum: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ive+curriculum
itlw8 07:19 PM 03-21-2012
Creative Curriculum is a way of teaching not a preplanned one. you still need to plan your lesson plans. They believe in long periods of time to explore mostly student led and some teacher led activites. They do not believe worksheets are appropriate.

Hands on activites.

I believe in it and follow it... Cost? well you can check out the book at the library so it cold be free but I would take a class if you can.

High Scope is another one very simular except the children make a plan and then have a meeting at the end to discuss what they did.

I feel Creative Curriculun fits with my mixed age group.
melskids 07:22 AM 03-22-2012
I do use the Creative Curriculum the most, amongst a mixture of other things. (I love many aspects of montessori, reggio, waldorf, and high scope as well.) I bought the books used on amazon. (infant/toddler, preschool, and the family childcare one.)

It is more of a philosophy then a planned curriculum, but when you follow the childrens interests, planning is quite simple.

You can use the online assessments for a fee, But I just photocopied them out of the book to share with parents. Much cheaper.

I do follow High Scope as far as making a plan first, and then reflecting on what we did after (plan-do-review). For example, our circle time is AFTER are morning activities/centers, not before when it is traditionally done.

I also love the life skills in Montessori, the art of Reggio, and the fantasy/dramatic play of Waldorf. I could never pick just one.
Reply Up