Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>any thoughts?
melissa ann 10:48 AM 07-14-2012
Does anyone use Carol's Affordable Curriculum? I was thinking of checking this one out. For 3 kids it's $30.
Truly Scrumptious 11:08 AM 07-14-2012
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
Does anyone use Carol's Affordable Curriculum? I was thinking of checking this one out. For 3 kids it's $30.
My support group and I used it several years ago...it didn't really match up to the themes we teach each year and it was soooooo many crafts...I ended up doing most of the work, so we didn't reorder. But, if you like what you see, it is very reasonably priced.
Heidi 12:32 PM 07-14-2012
I ordered their sample curriculum, and it's honestly too many teacher-directed craft projects for me. I only rarely do that type of "art", although it does have some value; learning to follow directions, building fine motor skills, etc.

So, for me, it was a no. It doesn't work with my style at all, it's not entirely developmentally appropriate, and it would doesn't align with my state's learning standards. So, it would be a waste of moolah. I ended up dumping everything into the free art bin, though, so the kids still used the stuff.

If you are a really crafty person and none of the above apply to you, then order a sample and check it out.
Reply Up