Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How are all the new mamas to be/new arrivals doing
Country Kids 09:57 AM 04-24-2013
Just wondering how all our mamas to be are doing? Haven't seen much lately on anyone so hoping all is going well.

Also, how are all the new arrivals doing? They keep you busy so I understand the not posting much!

Hope all is going well for everyone!
DaycareMomma 10:19 AM 04-24-2013
I just had my 3rd child, 1st baby girl on March 5th. I started back to work on Monday and boy oh boy. While I missed the daycare kids, I miss the one on one time with my daughter and two sons! My daughter is handling daycare very well. She's spent a good portion of the time sleeping, I think she's in the middle of her 6 week growth spurt. I do find it a bit challenging to nurse her with the other kids around, but we're making do.
MarinaVanessa 11:39 AM 04-24-2013
I'm 6 months along and have already started waddling . This pregnancy is MUCH different than my previous two but I can't complain because the first two were GREAT and I had almost no symptoms. This time around it's more like a regular pregnancy and I've had the nausea and get heartburn. I've figured out by this time what foods to avoid so I'm doing much better but like I said, I can't complain. 3 more months!!
TheGoodLife 11:42 AM 04-24-2013
Originally Posted by DaycareMomma:
I just had my 3rd child, 1st baby girl on March 5th. I started back to work on Monday and boy oh boy. While I missed the daycare kids, I miss the one on one time with my daughter and two sons! My daughter is handling daycare very well. She's spent a good portion of the time sleeping, I think she's in the middle of her 6 week growth spurt. I do find it a bit challenging to nurse her with the other kids around, but we're making do.
I'm glad your DD is doing well with the transition to your daycare! I started my business when my 3rd was 1 month old- so I've never know doing DC w/o nursing, but I agree- it can be difficult/ frustrating to have to put things on hold (and now that she's almost 10 months she only nurse for about 5 minutes a feeding!) For example, today I had just settled down in the rocker (the kids were eating lunch) when my 5 yr old DCB yells from the bathroom "I forgot to turn the water on first"- he's been getting soap first, then he can't manage to pull the handle up to turn the water on. So either he has to wait, or I have to put the baby down- she's so big it's more awkward to try to walk with her while nursing. But I figure it's the same that owuld happen if I was bottle-feeding a baby, too!
cheerfuldom 12:11 PM 04-24-2013
My fourth child is 5 months now. I am keeping my daycare as small as possible for the next year or so. I really would rather quit but finances don't allow that. Things are much better now that I termed my youngest daycare child....10 months and so bratty. I hate to use that word, I really do. but I cant think of anything else to describe her. Increasingly unhappy, not eating/sleeping/playing well. She was the most darling infant and then the parents starting reading parenting books and experimenting with a host of "techniques" to get their child to do this or that. ugh.
Reply Up