Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Inexpensive Fast Breakfast Ideas?
Core12 04:49 AM 02-27-2019
Every morning I scramble eggs for my kids and give them fruit, toast and milk.
I’m wondering if there is anything I can prepare fast and cheap that fits within usda guidelines.
Thanks
Cat Herder 04:51 AM 02-27-2019
Oatmeal, cheese cubes, and bananas.

Muffins, yogurt and apple slices.

French toast sticks, sausage links, and orange slices.

Think one whole grain, one protein, and a fruit.

Etc.
Core12 07:57 AM 02-27-2019
Thanks!
Cat Herder 08:15 AM 02-27-2019
Also, don't forget dry cereal like cheerios and cracklin oat bran for the whole grain. My group loves them and they are an invaluable time saver on heavy art days.
Ariana 08:17 AM 02-27-2019
You can also premake eggs in muffin tins and just heat up in the morning. You can add the cheese and some veggies to it and make a scramble like mini quiche. Super easy!
DaveA 11:00 AM 02-27-2019
Mini bagels or biscuits, sausage patties, hash brown patties, fruit. "Fast food" meal without the fast food.
Pestle 08:06 PM 02-27-2019
Turkey bacon on the panini grill. (Love my panini grill for grilled cheese sandwiches and turkey melts.)
Whole wheat bagels with cream cheese.
Cottage cheese and beets. (So easy! See if your grocery store carries diced canned beets. Rinse them and there isn't much staining. They're soft enough for the young toddlers and already small enough not to be a choking hazard.)
Triscuits, mozzarella cheese, and dried figs.
Cantaloupe when it's not too expensive. Ripe cantaloupe, sliced medium-thin with the rind still on, is a favorite here. Invest in a nice, large chef's knife with a full tang and slicing gets faster and safer.
Quick oats with whole milk. Stir in raisins and a little brown sugar afterward. BAM. One-dish meal.
hwichlaz 08:50 PM 02-27-2019
Milk, Cereal, fruit
Milk, hot cereal, fruit
Milk, toast, fruit
Milk, bagel, fruit
Milk, pancake, fruit
Milk, egg, fruit
rosieteddy 08:52 AM 02-28-2019
I always went with easy .Toast ,milk and some fruit or pancakes ,milk,. fruit.iI also had children arrive fed .Breakfast at home let parents feed eggs ,cereal or oatmeal.Then I fed breakfast 'snack" at 9 am.Still creditable for food program but let us start downstairs in playroom.Drove me nuts when parents fed them at home and then they wasted breakfast.Or dragged them out of bed and brought infants unfed.My whole week changed for the better when I started this.I always kept it easy.
knoxmomof2 09:16 AM 02-28-2019
My go to is Cheerios/ Chex, banana, milk. Easy set up, easy clean up! We eat that like 4 days a week then I cook once or twice a week. Other weeks, I cook several times a week, just depends on what I feel like. I switch out from Chex to Cheerios, so we talk about how they're eating circles or squares. The most exciting day is when I have a little of each left and mix them, then they get.... Circles AND Squares! Haha.. 😉😁 My group of 4 plus my baby is 3 and under so it works. Once they get older, I branch out.
Jo123ABC 12:50 PM 02-28-2019
I rotate too. Every once in a while I'll get crazy and do some sausage, pastries, yogurt, or something but usually it's:
Mon-Scrambled eggs, buttered whole wheat toast, cherry tomatoes, milk
Tues-either cinnamon raisin toast or peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat toast, fruit, milk
Wed-pancakes (I throw mini chocolate chips, peanut butter, or a bit of bannana in there sometimes), fruit, milk
Thurs- either oatmeal with brown sugar or cocoa wheats with brown sugar, fruit, milk
Fri-either Cheerios or kix cereal, fruit (I go easy fri with either apples or banana), milk

I do a menu every week and use whole wheat bread, Scooby snacks, wheat thins, Teddy Grahams, cold and hot cereals to cover my whole grain component. I don't get crazy trying to figure the whole wheat stuff out it's either with breakfast or snack usually because snack is often a fruit and a cracker plus milk to keep it simple.
jenboo 01:47 PM 02-28-2019
I batch cook my breakfasts to make the morning quick..
Pancakes, waffles, granola type bars, protein balls etc. I cook up a bunch at once and then freeze them so all I need to do is reheat and add a fruit or veggie
Tags:breakfast ideas
Reply Up