Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop-In Care: Policy on If Child Doesn't Attend
trix23 06:37 AM 04-22-2019
I had a full-time client who recently switched to drop in care because of financial reasons and they booked their first day of drop in care for today about a week ago and then they messaged me over the weekend saying that their child was throwing up and sick all weekend and they wanted to know if they could either bring her today or reschedule their drop-in care for a different day. This family has tried to push policies numerous times before brought medication once it was over the counter when that's a No-No in my program, another such things.

My policy states that if they cancel with less than 24 hours notice that they lose the day so to speak but if they cancel with more than 24 hours notice that they can use their dropping day for a different day within 90 days. They gave less than 24 hours notice but I kind of feel bad.

Advice?
jenboo 06:44 AM 04-22-2019
Don't feel bad.
DaveA 07:03 AM 04-22-2019
Follow your policies and don’t feel bad for a second.
Snowmom 07:48 AM 04-22-2019
Stick to your policy unless you want pushback on this and other policies in the future.
Blackcat31 08:04 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by trix23:
if they cancel with less than 24 hours notice that they lose the day so to speak but if they cancel with more than 24 hours notice that they can use their dropping day for a different day within 90 days.
They gave less than 24 hours notice

I don't understand what the issue is?

If you don't follow your policies, why would you expect them to?
Mom2Two 02:24 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Stick to your policy unless you want pushback on this and other policies in the future.

trix23 06:14 PM 04-22-2019
This is the first instance that a child has been sick for drop-in care. I am the type of person that feels bad for that kind of stuff. They told me, after i sent them my policy on it, that that will be picking up their child's things this week. :/ oh well.
lovemykidstoo 06:22 PM 04-22-2019
This is the first instance that a child has been sick for drop-in care. I am the type of person that feels bad for that kind of stuff. They told me, after i sent them my policy on it, that that will be picking up their child's things this week. :/ oh well.
Wow really? Are they super sensitive or what? That seems really extreme to pull a child for that.
springv 07:05 PM 04-22-2019
Amazing how people show their true colors
trix23 07:25 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Wow really? Are they super sensitive or what? That seems really extreme to pull a child for that.
Well I think that they thought that because I operate a home daycare program that I don't have rules and policies and things about how things function around here. Either that or they thought that I wouldn't enforce my rules because I got upset that I have a drop off cut off even though it's listed in my contract and mentioned in multiple places and I said something about it verbally one time when they almost missed the cut off. And they got upset with me because not only did they miss the cut off but the dad was late for work and lost his job and I'm thinking how is that my problem? I mean I didn't say that to them though.

But they just tried to push so many policies like the drop off cut off, they were late ones picking up and I build them for late pickup, they wanted to switch to part-time care from full-time care immediately whereas I require two weeks notice to have that change and then they switch to drop in care and then pay their notice. From switching from full-time to drop in and then today because their child was sick and I told them they couldn't come they decided to pull her. Which honestly this point good riddance but I just find that so dumb. And I had told them when they wanted to switch to drop in care all of the benefits that they'll be losing out on by being enrolled in full-time care so that way they would know going in what to expect but they decided to do this nonetheless
Josiegirl 02:09 AM 04-23-2019
Let them go with your peace of mind intact and do not harbor any guilt or bad feelings about it. Hopefully your next dcf won't require bending over backwards to please them. Really, you did nothing wrong and this is all on them. It sounds like you've been accommodating them for way too long anyways. Find someone who is a much better fit and has respect for you and your business policies!! Good luck.
trix23 07:10 AM 04-23-2019
I haven't been accommodating them at all actually. Every time they've done something against policies, I've enforced my rules. That were only here 5 weeks or so
trix23 07:11 AM 04-23-2019
They got away with only 1 thing of being a few minutes late past the drop-off cutoff cause they said they were having car trouble. That's the only thing i let slide once. Nothing else.
Tags:drop in care, drop in policy, enforcing policies - consistency
Reply Up