Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Put My Foot Way Down on This One!
LITTLESTARS 06:17 AM 04-23-2019
First of all good morning all hope your Easter was blissful , so I'm 37 weeks pregnant and I finally gave out my maternity plan to DCPs 2 weeks ago im due May19th . I also sent out a 30 day change of closing time from 7am to 5:30pm. but I tell you I have such unappreciative parents I asked for 1 week unpaid maternity leave after I get discharged from the hospital, after discharged I'm gonna hire a 2nd assistant to stay until from 11 am to 5:30pm which is my new closing time until im feeling 100% myself, and these parents complain complain complain!!!!!. If I end up losing families so be it!!, I need time to bond with my newborn especially if I'm unsure if I'm going to get a C-section my OB called me last night and said that I have VCI ( Velamentous cord insertion ) and that I might need a c section , now I'm freaking out and these parents are driving me crazy just for those 5 days ill be closed and my change of closing . some moms are lucky to have paid maternity leave as I explained in my maternity plan letter I have these 3 families that are giving me a hard time with this no unfair!!!!, yesterday I just lost it and I offered them their two week notice if they cant accommodate the change , I prefer losing then to be stressed out with inconsiderate parents. I'm so upset this morning. sorry for the vent ..
boy_mom 07:07 AM 04-23-2019
Yea, I wouldnt even be accepting feedback on policy changes. Families either agree or give notice, those are my only options. I dont take input or opinions on policy changes that are best for my family and business!!

So rude and not at all what you need as you get ready to welcome your little one!
rosieteddy 07:53 AM 04-23-2019
That stinks post your schedule for maternity leaveon bulliten board.Give them a copy and if they complain just look at them .After a few seconds of silence say that's the best I can do.If they continue to give you trouble give them their two week notice.You will fill the spots and you need time to bond.Good luck.
Josiegirl 10:06 AM 04-23-2019
A week off with a newborn?? I took my 6 weeks and don't regret it at all. Sure, I lost some clients. I didn't care. I just started all over with new ones.

Don't put up with their BS. Concentrate on you, your baby coming and your family!!!
And if they still continue to give you grief about anything give THEM a 2 week notice and say buh bye.

So many people only think of how it's going to affect them. When my mom died, I had 1 mom ask 'what am I going to do now?' when I told her I'd be closing for a week. I think I tried to explain to her how I don't take much time off, blah blah, but truthfully, in my head I was thinking 'I don't give a rat's behind what you're going to do now lady. This was my mom.' I'm sure my look said so much anyways.

Good luck in the birth of your baby!! And congratulations!!!
DaveA 11:12 AM 04-23-2019
Good luck with the baby! As for the problem families- set it up to fit your needs. If they have a problem with it and give you crap tell them you'll consider that their notice.
Mom2Two 11:39 AM 04-23-2019
Take care of yourself and your baby! I hope that everything goes wonderfully for you and your family.
Ariana 11:42 AM 04-23-2019
Some people would whine if the sky wasn’t blue enough! Ignore their tantrums. If they were actually unhappy they woukd leave. They need you WAY more than you need them, always remember that!

Congratulations on the baby on the way and don’t let these creeps put you in a bad mood!
Mike 01:12 PM 04-24-2019
I say if a family leaves over that, you're better off without them anyway. You'll get better ones later. Parents should know the differences between home day care and a day care centre. If they need a schedule that dedicated, they need a centre.
Lil_Diddle 12:06 PM 04-25-2019
People can be very rude and unappreciative.
I took a day off several years ago after a miscarriage. Which is both emotionally and physically painful.
A DCM, has the nerve to ask me what she was supposed to do with her child. She was very annoyed.

I always tell parents up front that this is a home daycare. That this is a home first and they always need to be ready for a back up plan.

So sorry you are feeling this stress at the end of your pregnancy
AmyKidsCo 12:35 PM 04-26-2019
I've been in FCC for over 25 years and it took me a LONG time to realize that my policies are "take it or leave it" and if a family decides to leave, there are plenty more where they came from.

Don't be upset by these selfish people, if they go there will be others to take their place.
janell999 08:12 AM 04-29-2019
you're only taking off a week? and a possible c section? yikes. if you have a c section you will not be able to pick up anything heavier than your newborn for like 3 weeks. I've had 4 c sections and recovery time with each one of them was different. I took off 6 weeks with my last one and I didn't regret it. I didn't have my DCF's pay for my leave though.
Tags:maternity, maternity leave, parents - don't cooperate
Reply Up