Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Jobs with AAS In ECED That Doesn’t Involve Managing Kids
Flowerchild 08:03 AM 05-01-2019
I need career ideas to use my degree that doesnt involve managing and teachong groups of kids. I thought about changing jobs but unsure what to do. Day care and teaching isnt fun anymore. Mainly just stress. I'm shy and introverted if that helps. I want to be a counselor but that'll take years. Any other ideas?
Flowerchild 08:04 AM 05-01-2019
Sorry about my phone typing lol
DaveA 08:10 AM 05-01-2019
Center administraton
Work for agency dealing with childcare- food program, CCAP, R&R
Libraries/ museums/ Historic areas working in children’s areas
Cat Herder 10:38 AM 05-01-2019
You may just want to go back to school. ECE *degrees are not the same as other Associates. They don't transfer to anything. I don't understand why they don't explain that better when we are paying tuition. They should not be allowed to call them Associates as far as I am concerned.

There are jobs inspecting daycares but it would be pretty hard to do with no real classroom experience to back your resume. Typically those positions are filled by those at the end of their careers.

Are you still eligible for HOPE? If so maybe check out the CNA classes. They always want folks with bonus ECE training to work as assistants in pediatric offices.
Flowerchild 12:07 PM 05-01-2019
I thought about going back for my bachelors. 🤔 I wanted to do guidance counseling or something
Cat Herder 12:16 PM 05-01-2019
This is a currently available job in Fulton County. It may head you in the right direction.

Position Type:
Certified Support Services/Counselor

Education and Experience
Education:
Master's Degree in School Counseling required

Experience:
Two (2) years of experience in counseling students as individuals and in groups preferred Experience interpreting standardized testing results preferred

Certification/Licensure:
Must hold or be eligible for S-5 certification in school counseling; S-6 or S-7 preferred.

Salary Information:
Salary Range for 2018-2019

Elementary and Middle School:
$53,709 - $63,387

High School:
$55,052 - $64,973

Step placement credit may be granted for up to a maximum of 8 years (Step 9) of prior verifiable experience. Salary placement with Fulton County Schools is non-negotiable

https://www.topschooljobs.org/job/878308/counselor/
Tags:career change, ece, job change
Reply Up