Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crazy Call Day
Meeko 03:39 PM 05-06-2019
Calls for daycare always pick up at this time of year. Some just leave me shaking my head.....

"What's your address? I'm coming over now to take a look"
(Uh...no...you're not!)

"If we decide to go with you...the dog would have to go"
(He's family...you're not...NEXT!)

amberrose3dg 03:49 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Calls for daycare always pick up at this time of year. Some just leave me shaking my head.....

(Uh...no...you're not!)

OH MY
ColorfulSunburst 04:03 PM 05-06-2019

How about your husband if for some reason they don't like him? I think you must get a divorce in that case.
Valerie928 05:19 PM 05-06-2019

(Uh...no...you're not!)

Wow......just wow😐 I have pets too, They are family. I also had a family in my home for an interview last spring that said "snowflake is shy with dogs. Can your dog stay outside while snowflake is here? " Um NO. GOOD RIDDANCE
284878 09:44 PM 05-06-2019
Would you like to come to my home (apartment building basement) for my Mary Kay party? I want to get as many guests as I can.
Josiegirl 02:06 AM 05-07-2019
Wow is right.
Out come the crazies and there they go. I always wonder where they end up taking their child/ren and feel bad for the provider. Unless the provider is worse.
DaveA 03:39 AM 05-07-2019

(Uh...no...you're not!)

Do people hear themselves when they say crap like that?

Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:

How about your husband if for some reason they don't like him? I think you must get a divorce in that case.
Hey Honey- love ya, but ya'll got to go so I can deal with Queen Sensitive's little one for a while.

Mine lately seem to be split between can't read hours on my ad (Do you do evening care/ weekends? ), beyond cheap (My old daycare only charged 15/ day! And that's probably why it's your old daycare), or my personal favorite- "who watches the kids for you?" 10 calls in the last week and not a single interview scheduled from them.
Ac114 04:14 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:

I had someone who asked if my husband could find something else to do outside the house from 4:30-5:30. Husband got home at 4:30 and DCG didn’t get picked up until 5:30 but didn’t feel comfortable with a man in the house. Hahahah yeaaaa that’s a hard pass for me!
Mike 07:00 AM 05-07-2019
It's good when some people make the decisions so easy.
CeriBear 07:16 AM 05-07-2019

No way would this go over with me. My fur babies are a part of my family.
ColorfulSunburst 11:25 AM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by Ac114:
I had someone who asked if my husband could find something else to do outside the house from 4:30-5:30. Husband got home at 4:30 and DCG didn’t get picked up until 5:30 but didn’t feel comfortable with a man in the house. Hahahah yeaaaa that’s a hard pass for me!
Just WOW!

seems that so far you are a winner here.
LITTLESTARS 01:00 PM 05-07-2019
Originally Posted by Ac114:
omg I had something like this before but worse, in had mom tell me if he was legal , if he had figure prints done, a background check , and she even wanted a copy of hi drivers license I sent her home after the interview and just laughed my butt off. she called the next day because she was interested my in program I just didn't answer the call or replied to her messages .
knoxmomof2 05:31 AM 05-08-2019
I've found that the nosiest, most demanding people are the most inconsiderate and least appreciative.... I guess it's the whole entitlement thing?

I've been asked if I rent or own, what my Husband does and what are behind each of the doors in my hallway.. Lol... She was also an hour and a half late for the interview after rescheduling 3 times. We ate supper at 8:30 that night 🙄 I was new and stupid and agreed to work with them. She sat visiting for half an hour at drop off and was an hour late to pick up. Thankfully, she got fired that first day. I didn't get paid, that was before I started getting paid in advance. She said maybe she'd start doing home child care herself.... I hope she got 50 clients just like her! Hahaha....

Looking back, SO MANY red flags!!!
DaveA 10:19 AM 05-10-2019
I blame this thread for the woman I talked to who asked if my wife could stay home during daycare hours so mom “would feel better”.

I can’t type DW’s response.
Tags:crazy parent, interview - from hell, parents - are clueless
Reply Up