Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Portable Crib - Is It Worth $40 Used
284878 08:55 PM 05-19-2019
Looking to get another foldable mini crib and I found one on FB. It needs a mattress, I can get one for $21 on Amazon. But not sure about the crib. It is new without a mattress for roughly $120 on Amazon and the seller wants $40. I paid less than $100 new crib with a mattress on Amazon for my son. (DS crib is natural wood)

This one has some damage, the seller says that the missing color is from wear and will not rub or peel off.

Should I consider it? or keep looking?
If I get it should I offer less? I was thinking $30.
Attached: folding crib.jpg (66.7 KB) 
Michael 10:54 PM 05-19-2019
Originally Posted by 284878:
Looking to get another foldable mini crib and I found one on FB. It needs a mattress, I can get one for $21 on Amazon. But not sure about the crib. It is new without a mattress for roughly $120 on Amazon and the seller wants $40. I paid less than $100 new crib with a mattress on Amazon for my son. (DS crib is natural wood)

This one has some damage, the seller says that the missing color is from wear and will not rub or peel off.

Should I consider it? or keep looking?
If I get it should I offer less? I was thinking $30.
Its a nice crib but been gnawed on. You should offer $30
DaveA 03:50 AM 05-20-2019
$30's a fair offer for it. Just make sure things are solid & tight before actually buying it.
lovemykidstoo 04:43 AM 05-20-2019
I would say chewed on and no mattress, $30 tops. I would be concerned about peeling.
Tin Blues 06:34 AM 05-20-2019
How old is it? Here, we have to keep our crib records, showing the age and whether it was made after the new crib regulations.
284878 06:44 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Tin Blues:
How old is it? Here, we have to keep our crib records, showing the age and whether it was made after the new crib regulations.
It is fairly new and meets our regulations. My DS crib is the same model just a different color and I just got his last winter.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B006LNWU...lig_dp_it&th=1

Update
It looks like it does come with a mattress, it is just that Amazon suggested a different mattress to be purchased separately. The cost has dropped to just over $100 for this color and $110 for the natural wood that my DS has.
Cat Herder 06:48 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Tin Blues:
Us too. https://www.cpsc.gov/search?site=cps...=p&query=cribs

https://www.cpsc.gov/Newsroom/News-R...-Cribs-Dangers - This is why I buy new and do not use pack-n-plays anymore. I can write it off 100% on my taxes, too.
284878 06:50 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I would say chewed on and no mattress, $30 tops. I would be concerned about peeling.
She says it is worn not peeling. She reports that she tried to rub it off with her thumbnail and it did not remove. I am going to take her at her word for now but will take a closer look if I decide to go get it.
lovemykidstoo 06:56 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by 284878:
She says it is worn not peeling. She reports that she tried to rub it off with her thumbnail and it did not remove. I am going to take her at her word for now but will take a closer look if I decide to go get it.
You could easily sand those top railings and reseal too.
Blackcat31 07:05 AM 05-20-2019
That's what I would do.

I have the same crib in white.
It's a nice sturdy crib.

I'd say $30-40 is a good price but like CH said, I just buy new....
I'm too paranoid about the whole safe sleep subject in general.
284878 08:48 AM 05-20-2019
I have seen these rail covers but I am not sure if licensing would approve or if I feel safe with them. I considered getting them for my ds crib when he started teething on it but he stopped on his own.

https://smile.amazon.com/Kidkusion-E...TRP12XTH9JP0NT
Tags:crib rules, crib safety, cribs, safety rules
Reply Up