Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Eye Infection AND Ear Infection
mrma 05:33 PM 06-20-2019
This little girl has had a cough since Monday, eye goop Monday and Tuesday. I told the mom, dcb has eye goop and she says " oh it must be allergies" I let it go as I didn't see any pink. Wednesday she messages me that she's staying home with the baby because she has a fever. She shows up today and I ask "hows the baby" she still a little sick but I don't have anyone to cover me at work" I let it go. At pick up I let her know baby has way too much eye goop for it not to be infectious and has a horrendous cough and she's slept all day. Her response " she must be tired" umm no she's not tired, she's freaking SICK. She takes her to the walk in and messages me she has an ear infection. Okay, told you so. I ask her to get me a note saying her eye stuff isn't infectious. Messages me later saying they can't give her such note because she has an eye infection!!! I've been saying this forever! I wasn't an MA for 8 years and learned nothing.

Now, she says " I guess I'm not working tomorrow" I feel like she's wanting me to say "oh you can bring her in" f no! I have my own kids, one with a crappy immune system. I've explained to her multiple times I can't take sick kids, her 10 year old showed her my "Don't bring me to daycare IF" sheet and she ignores everyone!
springv 07:49 PM 06-20-2019
Sounds like she needs a refresher course in daycare policies or terminated. I've got a pretty decent immune system but its took YEARS to get it built up
DaveA 05:05 AM 06-21-2019
Sick kids don't come into my home or program. DCM can stay home or find a family member to cover while she's at work. DCK needs to be home. If DCM is upset about that it's her problem.
Ariana 09:01 AM 06-21-2019
You have policies and you need to protect the other kids in care. This is moms problem, not yours. You take care of well children.
lovemykidstoo 01:46 PM 06-23-2019
I'm sure the child is just teething hahahaha! Sorry. Yes, momma needs to be a momma and stay home with sick child!
Pestle 05:05 AM 06-24-2019
One of the first laws of daycare is that if the parent says a given symptom is allergies, they've got a child with a communicable infection. I just went through this last month. And I think it's going to be happening again today. Two kids on the cusp of a cough.
mrma 06:05 PM 06-27-2019
Thank you all for your comments. I am glad I stuck to my guns and she stayed home last Friday.
Tags:ear infection, enforcing policies - consistency, eye infection, sickness
Reply Up