Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bumping a Part Time Child to get a Full Time
JeepGirl6 05:15 PM 06-12-2014
How many of you have ever bumped a part time family when a full time family wants you.

I have been going through a lot lately. I lost 3 kids within 2 weeks so I am really looking for anything right now.

I have 2 part time families and 1 full time. The one part time family will be starting in a few weeks. The mother is a nurse and needs me to be available to her M-Th for 2 children even though she only needs care 2 days a week. Her days will change every week. I am only charging her for 2 days a week. She has to pay this weekly rate regardless of attendance/holidays. Yes, I am very glad this will help with my income but looking into future clients (If they ever call) I am worried that I this position will prevent me from taking on TWO full time families. That is such a big jump in income. The reason she is leaving her current home daycare provider is because they basically bumped her for a new family.

I have never bumped someone before to take on a full time child. I am so worried about upsetting the family. They couldn't find any other home daycare that would do what I am doing for them with the flexibility. Financially though I really don't think I could pass up this part time family right now but in the future I feel I wouldn't be able to pass up full time clients.

What exactly do you say to families when this problem arises?

How do parents react?

Again this family wont even start for 2 weeks. I am thankful they chose me but I am looking into the future even though no one is lined up.
Up