Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This Would Be a Cute Craft For DCPs??
Josiegirl 06:49 AM 12-07-2014
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/307370743289500006/

I'm thinking of picking up some canvasses today and having the dcks do these for their parents? Good idea? Or not.
racemom 06:59 AM 12-07-2014
Very cute! I think the parents would love them!
Unregistered 07:19 AM 12-07-2014
They ARE cute but I did a couple foot print crafts last year and was surprised by the number of parents that were "turned off" by feet. I though maybe they were just kind of weird but I started asking parents in my son's Kindergarten class and my daughters dance group and found out that a lot of people have the same thoughts.
Even though it's their own child's foot, it's still feet.
One mom told me her provider did a footprint craft on a plate. Kind of like a cookie plate that you use at Christmas time or on special occasions and she was so grossed out by the thought of a foot on a plate that she just couldn't keep it.
Like I said, maybe it's just certain parents but its still something to think about.......
CraftyMom 07:38 AM 12-07-2014
I love them! Footprints are much easier to do than handprints too, for some kids. Seems like there's always one kid that smears his/her handprint every time lol
sahm1225 08:52 AM 12-07-2014
I love it! I do foot prints for almost every holiday, then I laminate them and send them home. One mom has a wall of her ds foot prints from
Us. I love it!!
Josiegirl 11:07 AM 12-07-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
I love them! Footprints are much easier to do than handprints too, for some kids. Seems like there's always one kid that smears his/her handprint every time lol
See...that's my problem too. I have 2 toddlers and 1 of them especially curls her fingers up and you go to put her hand to paper and she pushes it all over, it's a palm painting experience for her. I have a bit more control over their feet.

I guess I never thought about the grossness of using feet though. I suppose it might have a bit of a yuck factor if you turned it into a plate to use for food but for decoration, I don't understand why dcm would throw it away.
sahm1225 02:17 PM 12-07-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
See...that's my problem too. I have 2 toddlers and 1 of them especially curls her fingers up and you go to put her hand to paper and she pushes it all over, it's a palm painting experience for her. I have a bit more control over their feet.

I guess I never thought about the grossness of using feet though. I suppose it might have a bit of a yuck factor if you turned it into a plate to use for food but for decoration, I don't understand why dcm would throw it away.
I have this thing about feet. I find them gross and I would never on purpose touch other peoples feet, BUT kids feet are sweet and innocent and have never bothered me! I would think that if someone gave me a plate with my childs foot print on it, I would be saving it for decoration anyway. It's not like I would be eating out of the plate every night, kwim?

I have a lot of young ones right now and a handprint is practically impossible! I do the foot prints while they are eating snack in the highchairs. It gets to the point that they see me with paint and move their feet so I can paint them
midaycare 04:19 PM 12-07-2014

Kids feet are so cute! I have a plate of my ds's feet. And ornaments. And crafts. I keep everything ...
Unregistered 05:43 PM 12-07-2014
Love love love it!
Crazy8 08:19 PM 12-07-2014
cute! I prefer to do feet for kids under 2 - much easier! Last year I did the "mistletoes" one for a parent and she gushed over it for a week!!! Love when you have families who appreciate your efforts!
MBF 04:26 AM 12-08-2014
we did the mistletoes craft last week, parents loved it! last year I did a canvas divided in 4, spring was handprints turned into flowers, summer-sideways hands turned into fish, fall- one brown handprint with fingerprint leaves and winter was a footprint snowman [I painted a blue oval and then did the footprint on top] all the parents raved and have it hanging in their homes.
Shell 06:00 AM 12-08-2014
This is adorable! Agree that some people don't like feet, but baby and toddler feet are so precious!
Crazy8 09:57 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by MBF:
we did the mistletoes craft last week, parents loved it! last year I did a canvas divided in 4, spring was handprints turned into flowers, summer-sideways hands turned into fish, fall- one brown handprint with fingerprint leaves and winter was a footprint snowman [I painted a blue oval and then did the footprint on top] all the parents raved and have it hanging in their homes.
do you have a picture of this??? sounds cute!!
CurtainCrawlerCaretaker 11:05 AM 12-09-2014
I had a dcm ask me this morning where I bought the canvas last year for these reindeer crafts that I did. She wants to make some for grandparents this year I used a rectangle canvas from Dollarama. The footprints were brown and the hand print antlers were a darker shade. Then we glued a red pompom for the nose. All the parents said they loved them....but maybe not?? haha Maybe my families are just too polite!
lovemykidstoo 11:19 AM 12-09-2014
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/307370743289500006/

I'm thinking of picking up some canvasses today and having the dcks do these for their parents? Good idea? Or not.
That's really cute!!

I need a good idea for a Christmas gift for the parents, but my kids would not be able to do that by themselves. Does anyone have any ideas for the 2 yr old crowd?
renodeb 02:41 PM 12-09-2014
Super cute. Great idea. Parents love anything with there prints on it.
Deb
Josiegirl 03:02 PM 12-09-2014
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
That's really cute!!

I need a good idea for a Christmas gift for the parents, but my kids would not be able to do that by themselves. Does anyone have any ideas for the 2 yr old crowd?
Some of my kids won't be able to do them either but it's still pretty cute.
I saw this too and was going to do them but haven't been able to find any canvas small enough. Didn't want to travel the 80 miles to go to craft or art stores.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/307370743292947706/
AuntTami 03:50 PM 12-09-2014
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I have this thing about feet. I find them gross and I would never on purpose touch other peoples feet, BUT kids feet are sweet and innocent and have never bothered me! I would think that if someone gave me a plate with my childs foot print on it, I would be saving it for decoration anyway. It's not like I would be eating out of the plate every night, kwim?
I have this same exact thing. Feet disgust me, so much so that I am NEVER without socks except to shower/swim etc. Even my own feet give me the willies! And hubby has been forced to start wearing socks at all times too!
Kids feet are different for me too, up until about age 3. Then they start to get sweaty and smelly, and then I can't touch them anymore. But I love to actually KISS baby toes and feet!

I'm going to do something similar, but we're doing hand prints to make a christmas tree instead of feet. I'm not nearly artistically enabled enough to be able to make the feet print ones, and my two kiddos are 1.5 so I'll be doing it mostly by myself LOL!

You'll have to post a picture after you do one!
lovemykidstoo 04:36 PM 12-09-2014
Some of my kids won't be able to do them either but it's still pretty cute.
I saw this too and was going to do them but haven't been able to find any canvas small enough. Didn't want to travel the 80 miles to go to craft or art stores.
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/307370743292947706/
I went to the Dollar Store tonight to get the plates for the mistletoe project. Think I'll do that with them and then have them do these canvas magnets. Those are cool! Hope I can find them at the craft store. Anyone purchased those before? Who has them?

When doing the mistletoe project what is the difference between enamil and acrylic paint?
originalkat 03:28 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
They ARE cute but I did a couple foot print crafts last year and was surprised by the number of parents that were "turned off" by feet. I though maybe they were just kind of weird but I started asking parents in my son's Kindergarten class and my daughters dance group and found out that a lot of people have the same thoughts.
Even though it's their own child's foot, it's still feet.
One mom told me her provider did a footprint craft on a plate. Kind of like a cookie plate that you use at Christmas time or on special occasions and she was so grossed out by the thought of a foot on a plate that she just couldn't keep it.
Like I said, maybe it's just certain parents but its still something to think about.......
That is hilarious. I had never even considered that.
Bookworm 03:39 PM 12-10-2014
That is adorable. Do you mind if I steal?
Josiegirl 04:10 PM 12-10-2014
Steal away, t'wasn't my idea. Everything I do, I steal from Pinterest.
I do have to say they are coming out really adorable!
Where was Pinterest when my own kids were little??
Reply Up