Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mealy Peaches
AnythingsPossible 10:24 AM 08-03-2011
Anyone know what to do with peaches that are mealy on the inside? Anyway they can be used for something else, since they aren't great for eating???????
Cat Herder 10:25 AM 08-03-2011
Define Mealy....
AnythingsPossible 10:39 AM 08-03-2011
The inside of the peach is mushy. The best way i can explain it!!
Cat Herder 10:56 AM 08-03-2011
Gotcha......

My guys like when I dice them up with a tiny bit of brown sugar and make little tarts with them. (the brown sugar forms a "caramel" with the peach juice/sugars)

It is really easy..just use pre-fab croissant dough, fill, press the edges to seal, brush a little butter across the top to brown and bake until the house smells amazing. (I have a pampered chef tart press that makes it quicker )

I do this with apples, pumpkin, berries...you name it. If you have the time there are lots of recipes for the dough... I just like simple.
nannyde 11:05 AM 08-03-2011
stew em

Cut them up into quarters or eights... put a little bit of apple juice in the pan... turn the stove on low... cap the pan... and let them SLOW cook.

Add sugar, apple pie spice, and nutmeg... just a dab of the spices.

Once they are completely softened... run them thru your food processor.

Makes great "sauce" and you can freeze it to put in muffins or breads.
AnythingsPossible 11:18 AM 08-03-2011
Thanks ladies. I have over a dozen and need to do something with them. Beware the 25 cent /lb peaches!!
familyschoolcare 11:23 AM 08-03-2011
Make peach muffins, that is what I do with most of my fruit going bad. Use a blue berry muffin recipe. I cut the fruit and mix it with the sugar and let that sit over night then in the morning blend the fruit/sugar mixture then make the muffins making them that way means no lumps of fruit, texture is a big deal.
KEG123 11:34 AM 08-03-2011
Make applesauce and add it in with the applesauce? Sounds good to me!
Tags:recipe, snack
Reply Up