Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Throw Away Sippy Cups
blueclouds29 10:32 AM 04-03-2012
I use the throw away sippy cups (with straws) for my kids, ages 2 to 3. The younger ones are flattening the straws!! Like chewing on them! It drives me nuts! What do you suggest or should i go to the actual throw away sippy without straws?
Lucy 10:35 AM 04-03-2012
I know! They can't leave straws alone. And you can't tell when they're doing it, so it's not like you can tell them to stop. I use the throw away ones without the straws. ("Throw away" is a loose term. I've used them multiple times and they're still perfectly fine). Those even end up with teeth marks on the little part that goes in their mouth to drink from. They must feel the need to USE those teeth!!

Just went and looked at mine... they are called Take and Toss. Blue, Green, Orange are the colors I have. Plastic, about 6 ounces I think, with a matching lid that has the sippy part - no straw. Are those the ones you're talking about?
melskids 11:31 AM 04-03-2012
We use open cups here by 2.

The only thing I would suggest is cutting down disposable straws and using them instead? Then you can just chuck them after each use.
Lucy 11:42 AM 04-03-2012
Originally Posted by melskids:

The only thing I would suggest is cutting down disposable straws and using them instead? Then you can just chuck them after each use.
I've done that for my 4 yr olds - cut a regular straw and then throw it away. You have to hunt around for just the right size to fit whatever cup you are using, but once you do, it works great!!
countrymom 11:45 AM 04-03-2012
I have the cups from tupperware, and you insert your own straws so all I'm doing is throwing away the straw. Even my own children use them because they are really spill proof and they do keep the bugs away too.

http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htpr...r=P10047588000
Childminder 12:36 PM 04-03-2012
Originally Posted by :
I have the cups from tupperware, and you insert your own straws so all I'm doing is throwing away the straw. Even my own children use them because they are really spill proof and they do keep the bugs away too.

http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htpr...r=P10047588000
Seriously, for $25 for 4 cups I'll just buy the cheapos from the dollar store. I used to be a Tupperware Lady and know how nice the product is but when a child chews the cup, and one will, I'd be pretty ticked. Personally I use the 8oz cups from the dollar store that have a lid and a hole for the straw. I think that I could get about 50 cups, lids and an entire lifetime of straws for $25. I bought some in 2004 and the kids are still using them. When they chew on the cup or the straw beyond use it can just be tossed.
DaisyMamma 03:45 AM 04-04-2012
I just switched to these:http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...&aparam=374070
countrymom 06:18 AM 04-04-2012
Originally Posted by Childminder:
Seriously, for $25 for 4 cups I'll just buy the cheapos from the dollar store. I used to be a Tupperware Lady and know how nice the product is but when a child chews the cup, and one will, I'd be pretty ticked. Personally I use the 8oz cups from the dollar store that have a lid and a hole for the straw. I think that I could get about 50 cups, lids and an entire lifetime of straws for $25. I bought some in 2004 and the kids are still using them. When they chew on the cup or the straw beyond use it can just be tossed.
the children don't chew on the cup, there is no way they could because they have lids that I add straws too. They are the best investment ever. I have alot of them, because you can use them as regular cups too, like my own children.
Tags:disposable, disposable - sippy cups, sippy cup
Reply Up