Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Did It!
KristinsHomeCC 02:58 PM 05-15-2016
For those of you following previous posts of mine -- I sent out the official email ending parent camera use!

I AM SO EXCITED! Do you know how long it'll take me to lose that feeling? If I have a freakin' wedgie, I have to go into my bedroom to pick it! Been doing that for 1.5 year now!

I went into it with the beliefs or philosophy that I want to do with this daycare what I would want my son to have in a daycare. I don't think I'd ever place my son in a daycare without them, BUT thats without them at all. As long as they have them for protection/liability, or proof what happened to my kid, etc..I wouldn't mind. SO I am reassuring parents they are still up recording for private use and security but no longer for parent access.

Thanks everyone! Hopefully this will make me enjoy what I do more. I think I felt more of an employee than a business owner with potential eyes on me at all times.
Josiegirl 03:09 PM 05-15-2016
Hahaha at the wedgie comment!! I can feel your relief from this far away!
I will be curious how your 'check in 19 times' dcd will feel though. And ya know, who else might have been checking in with him? Just never know who's watching these days.
lovemydaycare0912 03:20 PM 05-15-2016
Yay! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't pick my wedgies! lol . Good for you. Hope the rest of the week goes smoothly.
KristinsHomeCC 03:57 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Hahaha at the wedgie comment!! I can feel your relief from this far away!
I will be curious how your 'check in 19 times' dcd will feel though. And ya know, who else might have been checking in with him? Just never know who's watching these days.
Exactly! Just broke the news to them about 2 hrs ago and she said she understood! We shall see This week starts week #3, trial period is over!
Thriftylady 04:21 PM 05-15-2016
Congrats! These things always give me anxiety going in, but once I give parents notice I always feel so much better.
Mike 05:27 PM 05-15-2016
Good move. It was obvious from previous posts that the cameras were bothering you and it is your business, so choices are up to you.
AmyKidsCo 08:18 PM 05-16-2016
Congrats! IMO the parents who trust you won't miss the cameras, and if they don't trust you, do you really want to be caring for their children anyway?
Tags:camera, cctv, privacy, security cameras
Reply Up