Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>YAY FINALLY! Butttt?
jgcp 10:34 AM 04-23-2015
So YAY after trying for a year and half to get pregnant Im happy to announce it has finally happened!!!

I was up all night though thinking about all the different things that will have to happen and one of those is droping a child or two. Its between before/after school sister and brother or a child thats only here tue and thur. Im leaning toward the b/a school kids because 1. they can get really rowdy 2. i have to take them to school and i really hate loading up all the kids every morning and will not want to do that with an infant. Then there is the part time kid 1. shes only here two days a week but for a full days, super easy kids tho. 2. when mom started a year ago she told me it would be temporary..... haha 3. Ive offered her a full time spot and she said no. So im kinda torn?

And how and when do you, that has had to tell the dcp, that you are expecting?
melilley 10:43 AM 04-23-2015
Congratulations!!!!
Welcome to the club, I'm 25.5 weeks!

I told parents when I was about 2 months along. I was going to wait until at least 13 weeks, because I had a miscarriage before, but we found out just when I was renewing contracts and I'm taking 2 weeks off and felt I needed to explain. Some people wait as long as possible to tell parents in fear that they will leave, but not one of my families left and I even just enrolled a child!

As for having to let children go, I'm personally not a fan of SA kids so I would say let them go, plus you said you don't want to have to leave to take them to school. If you can afford it financially, you could keep the p/t child at least until you have your baby and get into the groove of things. I actually make more from my 2 p/t kids and get to have a couple of light days.
mommiebookworm 10:46 AM 04-23-2015
Congrats! How exciting! Remember you are important, and do whatever you need to to take care of yourself!
Blackcat31 10:48 AM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by jgcp:
So YAY after trying for a year and half to get pregnant Im happy to announce it has finally happened!!!

I was up all night though thinking about all the different things that will have to happen and one of those is droping a child or two. Its between before/after school sister and brother or a child thats only here tue and thur. Im leaning toward the b/a school kids because 1. they can get really rowdy 2. i have to take them to school and i really hate loading up all the kids every morning and will not want to do that with an infant. Then there is the part time kid 1. shes only here two days a week but for a full days, super easy kids tho. 2. when mom started a year ago she told me it would be temporary..... haha 3. Ive offered her a full time spot and she said no. So im kinda torn?

And how and when do you, that has had to tell the dcp, that you are expecting?
Congratulations!!

I can't offer any advice as I've never ben pregnant while doing child care but here are several other threads about it. They are probably full of great tips and advice!

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=pregnancy
finsup 10:48 AM 04-23-2015
Congrats!! What wonderful news! My son was already born when I started doing daycare but my daughter and this baby (12w4d) have both been during daycare. I tell families early. Mostly just somethig like "we have some exciting news! Baby number 3 (in my case) will be here in october! There's a lot of appointments in the first 1-2 months so I want them to be prepared. I don't tell them until I know what my plan is though (I.e. how appointments will be handled, how much time I plan to take off etc). With this one, I changed my days from monday-thursday so all my appointments can be on Fridays. I take 2 weeks off after the birth (c section, medically nessacary but it does make scheduling easier!) So far everyone has been supportive. Esp the one family I have who was with me the last time around (my daughter is only 11 months so yeah, they JUST went through this lol). I am still debating on what to do about my "difficult" family, but for right now tings are just staying how they are. Not going to try and fill spots while pregnant just because its a hassle. Once baby is here, I'll reevaluate and go from there such an exciting time!
Thriftylady 10:52 AM 04-23-2015
Congrats!!!! I would get rid of the school age kids with having to take them to school.
AmyLeigh 04:40 PM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Congrats!!!! I would get rid of the school age kids with having to take them to school.

I do school transport, so I understand that part. I think it would be a major pain to drag a newborn out twice a day. I vote for the SA'ers, too.

Congratulations on your new arrival!!
Thriftylady 04:44 PM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:

I do school transport, so I understand that part. I think it would be a major pain to drag a newborn out twice a day. I vote for the SA'ers, too.

Congratulations on your new arrival!!
I guess I am spoiled though my SA kids get on and off the bus in my yard. Bus stop has always been here. Used to be across the street, a very not busy street.
jgcp 09:25 AM 06-12-2015
Darn about three weeks ago I miscarried. Nothing we could do about it. It sucks, Im doing good though, just bummed. And On top of it all the only kids I could get to fill some empty spots are SA kids.... a 6,7,8,9 yr old im a gluten for punishment. Ive decided for sure Im going back to school online for Medical Transciption/ editing. It will take a yr but it will be worth it. So many life changes lately Bad and good....
Rockgirl 09:36 AM 06-12-2015
I'm very sorry.
Blackcat31 09:43 AM 06-12-2015
Originally Posted by jgcp:
Darn about three weeks ago I miscarried. Nothing we could do about it. It sucks, Im doing good though, just bummed. And On top of it all the only kids I could get to fill some empty spots are SA kids.... a 6,7,8,9 yr old im a gluten for punishment. Ive decided for sure Im going back to school online for Medical Transciption/ editing. It will take a yr but it will be worth it. So many life changes lately Bad and good....
So sorry for your loss..

Glad you have a plan though and seem to have not lost your optimism!!
Thriftylady 09:48 AM 06-12-2015
I am so sorry to hear this. Having had one, I know there is nothing anyone can say that will make you fell better, but take care of yourself.
Reply Up