Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Siblings In Care....
tenderhearts 09:17 AM 01-06-2011
In the past I have only had siblings who were quite a difference in age, like 18mo and 5 yrs old, so I was wondering for those of you who have had siblings in your care that were close in age, like 3 & 4 yrs old, do they seem to bicker and fight alot or is it easier or no difference than any other child their same age? Just curious....thanks
daysofelijah 09:40 AM 01-06-2011
I have a set of brothers that are 18 months apart (2.5 and 4) and they fight like crazy. My own 2 boys are 16 months apart (now 6 and 7) and they have always had a great time fighting and still fight a lot.

The only other sibling set I have is a boy (almost 4) and a girl (9 months). They are too far apart in age to relate much to each other at this point so don't play together enough to do much fighting. Once the girl starts crawling and walking I'm sure they'll have their share of fights when she gets into his stuff though.
Blackcat31 09:45 AM 01-06-2011
I have two sisters who are literally 9 months apart and are VERY close. It is almost weird because they are constantly snuggling and sitting with their arms around each other. They finish each others sentences and help each other with self help things etc. this year the oldest went to Kindergarten so it has been interesting to see the younger one alone. She had a bit of a rough patch at first but is now finding that being the oldest one in the daycare group is fun compared to being babied by big sis so much. She used to want to go into the bathroom when older sis did and followed her everywhere. It drove me a bit crazy although it was sweet too! Later I found out there is somewhat of an unstable home life between their parents so I totally get their closeness. All in all though I love when sibs get along and are close. I'm oldest of 6 (4 brothers and one sister) and I hated my sibs growing up...had to take care of them alot so I always despised having them tag along. Now I am really close with all but one.
tenderhearts 10:23 AM 01-06-2011
Thanks, that's kind of what I was afraid of that they would fight and bicker alot. I got a call finally for 2 in the age group I'm accepting and they are 3 & 4 yrs. In the past he kids have been so far apart that the older one always doted on the other and really helped care for them. I guess I'll see in the interview. I hope all goes well because I need to fill this spot. Thanks
Tags:siblings
Reply Up