Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Siblings Rough "Play"
Babybear911 01:12 PM 06-23-2015
So I have two dck that are siblings. They tackle, wrestle and are generally rough with each other. They are all giggles until someone gets hurt. when I tell dcm she informs me the never play like that at home. Why do I feel this is not the case? Is it just me?
Controlled Chaos 03:10 PM 06-23-2015
As the parent of a 1, 3 and 5 year old - my kids wrestle and roll on each other like puppies whenever they get the chance. I try to give them specific times and places they can get it out. They can only wrestle outside, and as soon as one gets sad it over for everyone.

For daycare - I would say "that's not a daycare safe activity" and then I would separate them in separate areas. 1 plays with blocks, 1 plays at the table with crayons etc.
KiddieCahoots 05:33 PM 06-23-2015
I had 3 siblings that were big on wrestling. The only thing, like you are saying, they would get out of control and somone would always end up hurt. I had to stop all of the wrestling and rough housing when they started taking it up with the other children who were not willing participants. Regardless of whether dcm admitted that they did it at home or not.....(which I knew they did, the 4yr old told me so )
Babybear911 01:44 PM 06-24-2015
Hi just find it hard to believe they only behave like this at daycare. I find it difficult to talk to dcp's when they don't speak the truth. I have told dbk's they can not play like that here. Then the entire house starts to go crazy
KiddieCahoots 07:49 AM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by Babybear911:
Hi just find it hard to believe they only behave like this at daycare. I find it difficult to talk to dcp's when they don't speak the truth. I have told dbk's they can not play like that here. Then the entire house starts to go crazy
They probably do this at home too. But even if they don't, while they are with you, they need to follow your child care rules. Don't be afraid to set limits to keep your child care safe and peaceful for everyone there.
Tags:rough play, siblings, siblings fighting
Reply Up