Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Pages Long Are Your Licensing Rules?
Mom2Two 02:06 PM 04-16-2018
For your state, how many pages long are your family licensed rules? Do you have an interpretation manual? Feel free to comment if you are center licensed too, but I'm mainly interested in family licensed.
hwichlaz 02:20 PM 04-16-2018
Title 22 of the California Health and Safety Code
Division 12
Chapter 3
Is the section that pertains to Family Child Care Homes and is 96 pages long. It’s not walls of text though, there is very little information per page as it’s set up in outline form.
Blackcat31 02:31 PM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Title 22 of the California Health and Safety Code
Division 12
Chapter 3
Is the section that pertains to Family Child Care Homes and is 96 pages long. It’s not walls of text though, there is very little information per page as it’s set up in outline form.
That's kind of how ours reads as well...

MN Statue 245A (Rule 2) outlines the state statutes and says something descriptive but you have to actually click each statute number to read the full text version of each rule/regulation. Including sub-sections and parts.

A shortened version I have is 23 pages but a longer version I have is 96 pages.

The rule summary we are required to provide to parents upon enrollment is 2 pages.
Country Kids 04:25 PM 04-16-2018
Right now 30 and with proposed changes going up to 65 I believe-Registered Family
284878 05:48 AM 04-17-2018
Rules book is 26 pages and the description of the rules (aka the technical rules) is 187 pages. However as of March 28 they passed some rule changes and neither of these online pdf reflect the changes yet.
To top it off, even though the laws have gone into affect, there is some kind of back up and only some providers have received communication on the new rules and there login to start implementing the rules in there daycare. (Few of the rules have to do with background checks, classes and finger printing.)
I am one of them still waiting.
DaveA 05:52 AM 04-17-2018
64 pages in a pdf file
Tags:licensing
Reply Up