Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Off Topic - Triggers by the 'Colgan Take
godiva83 08:23 AM 08-17-2011
So I am having one of those days- just started out as a negative Ness. Anyway, I got to thinking I have no problem remembering or dwelling on the negative but I have a harder time mustering up the positive ( I am
Sure this should be in the positive thread) I came across a meditation activity where you more or less go to your 'happy place'
So I sat and attempted it and it was delightful.
I am 8 years old swinging on an old wooden swing that my Papa made while talking to my Grandmum, she is busy hanging laundry out and the air is filled with the scent of snuggle and lilacs and I hear the boats out on the lake.
Lol ahhh anyone care to share their 'happy place'
Meeko 08:37 AM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by godiva83:
So I am having one of those days- just started out as a negative Ness. Anyway, I got to thinking I have no problem remembering or dwelling on the negative but I have a harder time mustering up the positive ( I am
Sure this should be in the positive thread) I came across a meditation activity where you more or less go to your 'happy place'
So I sat and attempted it and it was delightful.
I am 8 years old swinging on an old wooden swing that my Papa made while talking to my Grandmum, she is busy hanging laundry out and the air is filled with the scent of snuggle and lilacs and I hear the boats out on the lake.
Lol ahhh anyone care to share their 'happy place'
I am so there.....
Zoe 09:44 AM 08-17-2011
My parent's cabin on the lake. I'm there with my childhood friends around a fire telling stories and roasting marshmallows.

Actually, that happy place will be realized when we go up there Saturday!
godiva83 09:49 AM 08-17-2011
Ha ha I hear the fire crackling- but would have to pass on the marshmallows - I seriously can not toast a marsh mellow if my life depended on it, and taking them off the stick even worse... TheY get stuck to your fingers make
A big ol' mess and ouch burning marshmallow on your finger tips!! Going to my happy place be back in 5
Have fun at the cabin
laundrymom 09:50 AM 08-17-2011
My happy place , anywhere with dh . Pulling an engine, cutting his hair, riding in the truck, folding laundry. Anything. Just so long as I'm close enough to reach him.
Zoe 09:51 AM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by godiva83:
Ha ha I hear the fire crackling- but would have to pass on the marshmallows - I seriously can not toast a marsh mellow if my life depended on it, and taking them off the stick even worse... TheY get stuck to your fingers make
A big ol' mess and ouch burning marshmallow on your finger tips!! Going to my happy place be back in 5
Have fun at the cabin
Thanks! And I'm one of those impatient roasters who just lets it burn and then squeeze it between the graham cracker. That and a pack of baby wipes nearby and I'm golden!
erinalexmom 09:56 AM 08-17-2011
Spending time with my grandparents would have to be my happiest place since they are both in heaven now. I have such fond memories of them

Or on the beach in Mexico with my husband on our honeymoon

or with my kids at disney (the last hasnt happened yet so thats more of a "dream" I guess)
laundrymom 10:00 AM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
Thanks! And I'm one of those impatient roasters who just lets it burn and then squeeze it between the graham cracker. That and a pack of baby wipes nearby and I'm golden!
I'm a re-roaster. I roast, pull off the shell roast again, and repeat. Lol. I can get usually 4 roastings from each mallow. Lol
rjskids 10:43 AM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I'm a re-roaster. I roast, pull off the shell roast again, and repeat. Lol. I can get usually 4 roastings from each mallow. Lol
I will have to try this next time as I'm a marshmallow burner and HATE when the inside is still cold!
Tags:calgon, positive, summer activities, thinking positive
Reply Up