Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>UPDATE: Family I Did A Favor For
SilverSabre25 08:34 PM 11-14-2011
Remember this thread? "One of the Joys of Owning My Own Business"

I just want to tell those of you who were naysayers as well as those of you who cheered me on, that all is well with the world. I have not regretted my decision for a single instant.

She told me tonight that as of tomorrow, I will have another $60, putting him back up to full rate from now on. I cut a struggling mother a break (cut my own family a break because we needed every penny we could get this past few months), and it paid off--I trusted her, and the trust was well placed. She is still looking for a new job but was able to increase her hours at her current one in the meantime.

So those of you who insisted on thinking the worst, and assuming the worst, I just want to say: you were wrong.

I did it once, and I sure as heck would do it again in an instant. Single mother, single father, married couple, doesn't matter--I'm living the "world screwed me over, now I'm struggling" thing, and I know how much it sucks. The world is what you make of it--and I chose to make my little corner of the world here IRL a more inviting, more understanding place.

And I'm a better person because of it.
Crystal 08:50 PM 11-14-2011
SWEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unregistered 09:00 PM 11-14-2011
Great! A similar thing happend for us. Single Mom loses job. Still wants child to get preschool, but doesn't need childcare now. We disregarded a bunch of policies for this family, and made up a new payment rate system for them, just so child could come only during the most structured part of preschool in the mornings. HUGE cut in income (sibling family. Sibling attends after school, so completely lost the sibling). But just found out this will only end up being for 3 weeks, and then children will be coming full time, all day again, as she already got a new job! If we had not worked with this family, and did our best to keep the preschooler here so she could get preschool if nothing else, and disregarded our policies for them, and made up a new rate system for them, we would have lost them completely. Now it's only for 3 weeks total. Then the usual policy will go back into effect and we'll be getting their full payment again
So happy for you, that it worked out for you as well.
Lucy 10:45 PM 11-14-2011
Great to hear!! Sometimes it's more about the Golden Rule than it is about making mega-bucks. Debbie Downers - take note!!!
Meyou 02:12 AM 11-15-2011
Yay!!! I love happy endings. Good for you for helping her out.
nannyde 05:33 AM 11-15-2011
NICE

It's good to be wrong about money
Heidi 05:38 AM 11-15-2011
Yeah! I'm happy that it worked out for all of you!
godiva83 05:39 AM 11-15-2011
Awesome
I am glad it is all working out-- it is always nice to be in a position to help others
MyAngels 05:57 AM 11-15-2011
I'm glad it worked out for all involved. Thanks for the update.
Blackcat31 06:20 AM 11-15-2011
Karma isn't always a bitch.
wdmmom 06:46 AM 11-15-2011
That's really great news. Although the pessimistic side of me questions how many more hard falls she'll have or just pay you that going rate when times get tough since you accepted it before. Don't get me wrong, some people aren't like that but money makes some people nasty.
JenNJ 07:18 AM 11-15-2011
I'm glad you were able to give her that gift. I'm so glad it worked out for all parties!!
rbmom 11:05 AM 11-15-2011
Yay!! Its nice to hear of something working out great!
SimpleMom 11:40 AM 11-15-2011
YaY!!!! That's so awesome! They r so lucky to have you
Tags:biting the hand that feeds you, favors, great parents, money owed, nana nana boo boo, naysayers, positive
Reply Up