Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Did I Even Try? LOL
DCMomOf3 11:25 AM 11-19-2010
I had this great idea to have the kids tell me the things they are thankful for so we could make a list to send home with the parents. Stupid me... I have my DS3.5, DCG3, DCG1.5, DCB1.5, DCB1.6. What part of my brain didn't see disaster coming?

DCB1.5 finally said puppy (But he was just looking at my dog, I used it anyway).

DCG1.5 and DCB1.6 I'm lucky they even looked at me.

DS3 says: Mario!!

DCG3 said Cherries, pears, apples, apple pie, spaghetti... I asked what NON food things she is happy to have. "spaghetti IS food. spaghetti!"

I listed a bunch of things: "moms, dads, houses, cats, dogs, brothers, sisters, friends...." I was given silence. I continue "cats, dogs, dance, karate" I get from DCG3 "Puppys and kitties!" and from DS3 "Karate!" then silence and they are done.

I don't know if I can hand this list to the parents!
BentleysBands 11:27 AM 11-19-2010
LOL i would

we did the same thing the other day and all i got was TOYS

when i encouraged 'mom,dad,g-parents' they lookd at me as if i was nuts
My Daycare 11:28 AM 11-19-2010
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unregistered 11:30 AM 11-19-2010
LOL! I do this too, but I do it with a little more leading questions...

I am thankful for my Mom because....

Followed by Dad, grandma, brother, whatever...

3kidsmom
SunflowerMama 11:46 AM 11-19-2010
That is too funny!

We did this the first week of Nov. when we started talking about Thanksgiving. Mine are all 3 and 4 and I got a couple of "toys" and also "magazines" (dcb LOVES to cut out pictures of toys from my magazines), and my favorite was my own 3 1/2 yr old daughter...she said "Love".

I almost cried .
kendallina 12:29 PM 11-19-2010
So cute! I would give the list to the parents. I'm sure they wouldn't expect anything more than that from toddlers...lol. I also like the suggestion to ask more leading questions.
QualiTcare 02:18 PM 11-19-2010
what's really hilarious is when you ask them questions like how much does your mom weigh? how old is she? what's her favorite show? i know it's not really about thanksgiving, but i was always thankful to get those cus they're adorable. you could have them do a paint handprint or just tract their hand and put i'm thankful for my mom and my dad......and then have the list of questions/answers. not that you asked for my input
Tags:christmas, presants
Reply Up