Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Working Up To Terming....
AnythingsPossible 11:59 AM 03-10-2011
I have a dcb who started in November. He can be a very sweet boy, but he doesn't talk, has no concept of personal space, isn't potty trained, and is very pushy(he is 3 1/2). After cleaning poop off the bathroom walls this morning and orange juice off the floor from breakfast, I have decided I've had enough.
I'm trying to think of a nice way to terminate, but I'm not sure there is such a thing. I was going to have to term someone this summer anyway, but thinking i may just term him now using the reason that would have applied this summer. I have a family that was supposed to leave for the summer, but won't be, so I don't have enough spots. He is the newest enrolled, so he is the first to go. I know his Dad is really happy having him here, but I just can't take it anymore. I hate confrontation, but need to do this for my sanity.
daycare 12:14 PM 03-10-2011
I had to term and just stated that I was not longer able to offer care to the family because I could not meet their needs.
momatheart 12:45 PM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I had to term and just stated that I was not longer able to offer care to the family because I could not meet their needs.
This is a safe thing to say.

they don't know the needs you mean are his demanding needs to make you clean up unnecessary messes.
AnythingsPossible 12:52 PM 03-10-2011
This is what I am going to print out for him;

Due to program changes, I will no longer be able to provide care for *** after April 1, 2011.
Our local resource and referral contact # is ***-****, they can assist you in finding alternate care.

If he asks me to elaborate I will tell him that I am taking my capacity down in numbers, which is completely true!
momatheart 12:58 PM 03-10-2011
Is anyone else getting this letter?
daycare 01:00 PM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
This is what I am going to print out for him;

Due to program changes, I will no longer be able to provide care for *** after April 1, 2011.
Our local resource and referral contact # is ***-****, they can assist you in finding alternate care.

If he asks me to elaborate I will tell him that I am taking my capacity down in numbers, which is completely true!
I would maybe say,
I have had a great time getting to know little bobby while caring for him. Unfortunately, do to program changes out of my control, I must down size the number of children in my care. Starting ______ I will no longer be able to offer care for you child.

Our local R&R contact info is this

I wish you best of luck to you and your family,
If I can assist you or help you to find another provider please let me know
AnythingsPossible 01:17 PM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by momatheart:
Is anyone else getting this letter?
No because I only need to eliminate one spot, and he is the most recently enrolled child.
AnythingsPossible 01:21 PM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I would maybe say,
I have had a great time getting to know little bobby while caring for him. Unfortunately, do to program changes out of my control, I must down size the number of children in my care. Starting ______ I will no longer be able to offer care for you child.

Our local R&R contact info is this

I wish you best of luck to you and your family,
If I can assist you or help you to find another provider please let me know
I altered the actual letter to DCD a bit. Made it a little nicer, not so abrupt. This is what i have printed out;

It is with regret that due to program changes I will be implementing, I will no longer be able to provide care for --- after April 1, 2011.

If you find alternate care sooner, and would like to switch him before April 1st, I completely understand.

We have enjoyed having ---- with us. The number for our daycare referral agency is -------, they should be able to assist you in finding alternate care.
daycare 01:23 PM 03-10-2011
sounds good to me... print it out!! lol
Tags:letter samples, terminate, termination letter
Reply Up