Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Looking For Bread Recipe
kitkat 07:53 AM 07-29-2011
Does anyone have a bread recipe that they love? I'm talking non-breadmaker machine and not like banana, zucchini, etc. Just plain old bread. I made one last night, but it was just ok. Thanks!
heyhun77 08:24 AM 07-29-2011
Here's our favorite homemade bread. I use a kitchenaid professional mixer so the directions are basically dump everything in and let the dough hook do the work. If you don't have a mixer with a dough hook just mix it all together then dump it on a floured surface and kneed it by hand.

Multigrain Bread

Makes 3 loaves

Ingredients:
5 cups lukewarm water
½ cup canola oil
½ cup honey
¾ cup gluten
¾ cup ground flax seed
2 tbsp yeast
1 tbsp salt
8-10 cups whole wheat flour (usually takes 9)

Directions:
Put all liquid ingredients into the bread mixer and let mix a short time. Add dry ingredients. Let mix using the bread hook for approximately 5 minutes.

Form loaves and place in sprayed pans. Let rise. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until golden on top and browned on bottom (pull out of pan to check).

Dough can be frozen by putting it in the pan then setting in the freezer until frozen solid. Once frozen, remove from pan and place in plastic bag then store in freezer until needed.

To use from frozen, place frozen dough in sprayed pan the night before and set in non-heated oven with towel over the top until morning. In the morning remove from oven, heat oven to 350 degrees then bake 30 minutes until browned.
GretasLittleFriends 09:43 AM 08-10-2011
The version of Minute Menu I use gives out monthly recipes each month. This month one of the recipes is Wheat and Raisin Bread. (The recipes are found clicking Calendar Keeper and then clicking Recipes).

Wheat and Raisin Bread
3 1/2 Cups Whole wheat flour
1 Cup Oatmeal
1 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 Cups buttermilk (If you don't have buttermilk, use 6T of vinegar and add enough milk to make 3c. Let it set for a few minutes before adding to the recipe. It will look like curdles.)
1 1/2 Cup Raisins
1 Cup Nuts

Add dry ingredients into mixing bowl. Add buttermilk, nuts, and raisins and stir well. Divide into two loaf pans and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

Meal Component: 1 grains

It doesn't list how much one serving is though. I would also think you could substitute (or omit?) the raisins and/or nuts...
Reply Up