Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop-in Contract
BrynleeJean 01:49 PM 09-25-2018
I have read the other drop in contract post it wasn't exact what i was looking for.
I have a policy handbook for parents to sign which I had the drop in parents sign of course
I also have a payment contract between provider and parent. real straight forward like and its fill in the blank and off the state site really. it says like my kid will attend the following days and for that Ill the daycare X on this day every week and if i don't pay by this time on this day theres a late fee of this amount.
so what do you do for drop ins?
i have to have all the other info and I'm pretty sure i have to have a payment agreement on file as well but don't exactly know how to word this.
Reply
Michael 04:02 PM 09-25-2018
Lots of Drop In Contracts threads here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...op+in+contract
Reply
Blackcat31 06:16 AM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean:
I have read the other drop in contract post it wasn't exact what i was looking for.
I have a policy handbook for parents to sign which I had the drop in parents sign of course
I also have a payment contract between provider and parent. real straight forward like and its fill in the blank and off the state site really. it says like my kid will attend the following days and for that Ill the daycare X on this day every week and if i don't pay by this time on this day theres a late fee of this amount.
so what do you do for drop ins?
i have to have all the other info and I'm pretty sure i have to have a payment agreement on file as well but don't exactly know how to word this.
What kind of info are you needing to have included on a drop in contract?

For me, drop in's simply need to pay in advance (AT drop off) and I need some basic child info (state required for any child in care) and the parents contact info.

I don't need any other type of "contract" or agreement for them. If their child is an easy child to have as a drop in, I'd entertain the idea of having them again. If the child was horrid, then I wouldn't have space available when they called the next time.

If you are referring to families that use less than 3 days a week (I require 3 days/week min.) on a regular basis, I just give them the same contract and policy handbook as the others. Their rate is much higher but availability is not always an option so that part is the only part different than regular contracted families.
Reply
Cat Herder 08:01 AM 09-26-2018
My drop-ins fill out the same information forms, follow the same handbook and sign the same contract as every other parent. The only difference is the rate and drop off time. My policies stay the same.

That makes it easy for times when they are attending a full week, like over Christmas break, when many other families keep their kids home.
Reply
Ariana 10:35 AM 09-26-2018
My drop ins do not sign a contract and pay the day before care is to take place for the full week (whatever days they need care for that week). So if someone needs care Wednesday and Thursday they must pay Tuesday evening for both days.

There is no contract, we can both cancel at any time. They do fill out a registration form though.
Reply
e.j. 11:04 AM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
My drop-ins fill out the same information forms, follow the same handbook and sign the same contract as every other parent. The only difference is the rate and drop off time. My policies stay the same.
Same here. Everything is the same - contract, handbook, policies, etc. I have a spot in my contract where I write the weekly tuition amount. For a drop in client, I just write "Varies" in that spot. Their payment amount depends on the number of days/hours they need. They pay upfront based on that information.
Reply
BrynleeJean 01:52 PM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
What kind of info are you needing to have included on a drop in contract?

For me, drop in's simply need to pay in advance (AT drop off) and I need some basic child info (state required for any child in care) and the parents contact info.

I don't need any other type of "contract" or agreement for them. If their child is an easy child to have as a drop in, I'd entertain the idea of having them again. If the child was horrid, then I wouldn't have space available when they called the next time.

If you are referring to families that use less than 3 days a week (I require 3 days/week min.) on a regular basis, I just give them the same contract and policy handbook as the others. Their rate is much higher but availability is not always an option so that part is the only part different than regular contracted families.

I guess this seems right. I guess Iíd just never thought about it? This family uses me often for drop in and I donít have a payment contract for this type of abnormal schedule.
They sign and fill out all other paperwork the same but the payment contract doesnít fit right becauses itís a one and done.
Thanks
Reply
Blackcat31 02:03 PM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean:
I guess this seems right. I guess Iíd just never thought about it? This family uses me often for drop in and I donít have a payment contract for this type of abnormal schedule.
They sign and fill out all other paperwork the same but the payment contract doesnít fit right becauses itís a one and done.
Thanks
My contract has different options so it works for part time, full time and drop ins. I'll PM you a copy just so you can see what I mean.
Reply
MarinaVanessa 09:38 AM 09-27-2018
I have a different contract for drop in clients than full/part time clients. Mine talks about reserving, changing and canceling a reservation etc and certain things are different than FT/PT (like the cancellation terms).

Mine is on my website here if you want to take a look.
https://myhelpinghandschildcare.webs...ollment-packet
Reply
BrynleeJean 12:57 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My contract has different options so it works for part time, full time and drop ins. I'll PM you a copy just so you can see what I mean.

thanks very much

Reply
Tags:drop in contract
Reply Up