Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting....
cheerfuldom 07:19 AM 09-08-2011
sent a young one home yesterday for vomiting (ended up vomiting twice before mom picked up and one time in the car on the way home). mom texts this morning and basically says kid is still sleeping but seems to be fine, can they come today? first off, they have always struggled with the little one waking super early in the morning. the fact that she slept in shows she is still sick. secondly, how do you know that she is fine if she is not awake yet? have you checked her diaper, her temp, tried to feed her? so then she says that she knows my 24 hour rule, wouldn't want any other sick kid to come if it was another child around her child BUT mom has meetings today so can kid come anyway? WHAT?! I said no and she said she understood and that was it but still, the whole convo was annoying.
SandeeAR 07:29 AM 09-08-2011
I think we all need to post a big sign on our doors.....

I DO NOT take care of SICK Children!!!

Been there done that, PARENTS It's YOUR TURN.
cheerfuldom 07:34 AM 09-08-2011
the debate always comes up about their definition of sick and mine. it is especially annoying that she said she would have a problem if a kid that was vomiting yesterday then shows up today but since her kid did that, the rules are somehow different? i hate being put in the corner to have to say a firm no or worse, have to get a little harsh or mean in order to make my point.
Meeko 07:47 AM 09-08-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
the debate always comes up about their definition of sick and mine. it is especially annoying that she said she would have a problem if a kid that was vomiting yesterday then shows up today but since her kid did that, the rules are somehow different? i hate being put in the corner to have to say a firm no or worse, have to get a little harsh or mean in order to make my point.
The rules ALWAYS apply to everyone else.
blessedmess8 09:09 AM 09-08-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I feel the SAME way. They know the policies; why do they try to get us to budge every time??
Tags:sick policy, vent, vomiting
Reply Up