Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Shopping at Costco
JaydensMommy 04:02 PM 08-02-2011
Those of you that have a costco nearby.. what do you buy from there for your daycare? As far as supplies, snacks, stuff for lunch? I'm going tonight and have not been there since I started doing daycare. I really need to get more creative with the meals, I feel like theres just not much variety as I'm not the greatest cook! Suggestions anyone?
cheeseheadmama 04:11 PM 08-02-2011
I have been shopping at Costco for about 3 years and doing DC for about 2 of those years. I buy all kinds of things there! String cheese, yogurt tubes, fruit (fresh & canned), tomato soup, chicken nuggets, goldfish crackers, pita chips, pretzels and many more things that I can't think of. Also, paper towels and wipes when they have good coupons available since they won't spoil before I can use them all. I have been known to buy many many other things for our family as well, but those are the things I get for the DC. Hope that helps!
VTMom 04:26 PM 08-02-2011
I typically buy tp, paper towels, kirkland diaper wipes and tons of chlorox or lysol wipes (depending on the coupons). Also sunscreen is often a pretty good deal when you have the coupons.

For food I usually get goldfish crackers, cheese nips, wheat thins, boneless chicken breasts, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, juice.

Other thoughts might be eggos, bagels, batteries?
My Daycare 04:37 PM 08-02-2011
My favorite foods to buy there are the frozen strawberries, blueberries and rasberries for smoothies. They last forever, being that the bags are huge compared to the ones at other grocery stores. The kids love them and don't even realize that I mix with water. You can also put spinich in them and you can't even tell, if you use the blueberries.

The Organic eggs are the cheapest anywhere.
snbauser 04:56 PM 08-02-2011
Around here milk at Costco is about $.60-$1.00 cheaper than at any other store so I always get my milk there. Of course that will change with the new food regs I also buy goldfish, cheese nips, disinfecting wipes, apple juice, cherry juice, hand soap, waffles, chicken nuggets, shredded cheese, beef hot dogs, and paper products.
AnneCordelia 05:03 PM 08-02-2011
I buy cereals in big boxes. Big cans of beans, diced tomatos, frozen veggies in big bags, paper products, wipes, cleaning supplies, dried fruits/nuts/pretzels, chicken breasts, pork tenderloins/chops, salmon filets.
Meeko 07:17 PM 08-02-2011
TP, paper towels, disposable plates, bowls, forks and spoons and cups.
JaydensMommy 10:31 PM 08-02-2011
Originally Posted by cheeseheadmama:
I have been shopping at Costco for about 3 years and doing DC for about 2 of those years. I buy all kinds of things there! String cheese, yogurt tubes, fruit (fresh & canned), tomato soup, chicken nuggets, goldfish crackers, pita chips, pretzels and many more things that I can't think of. Also, paper towels and wipes when they have good coupons available since they won't spoil before I can use them all. I have been known to buy many many other things for our family as well, but those are the things I get for the DC. Hope that helps!
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I got a lot of great snacks and lunch stuff. I could have gotten more but things add up so quickly there!
spud912 10:46 PM 08-02-2011
Wet wipes, fresh fruit, and raw meat.....
Tags:costco
Reply Up