Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Terrible With Writing. A Little Help Please
lovemykidstoo 06:05 AM 11-29-2017
I need to send a message out to everyone. I am off this Friday. I get paid bi-weekly. I was off last Friday too. So I get paid when there is a holiday and the person is scheduled that day normally, but I"m not paid for my days off. CAn someone give me a nice way of writing that in a message? Thanks!
storybookending 06:31 AM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I need to send a message out to everyone. I am off this Friday. I get paid bi-weekly. I was off last Friday too. So I get paid when there is a holiday and the person is scheduled that day normally, but I"m not paid for my days off. CAn someone give me a nice way of writing that in a message? Thanks!
Do they all pay the same rate? If not can you just invoice them each individually what they owe?
Snowmom 06:51 AM 11-29-2017
To clarify: you are not paid this Friday?
lovemykidstoo 06:52 AM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Do they all pay the same rate? If not can you just invoice them each individually what they owe?
For the most part they all pay the same.
lovemykidstoo 06:53 AM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
To clarify: you are not paid this Friday?
Right. I took last Friday and I'm taking this Friday off too, so I'm not paid for those 2, but Thanksgiving is a paid holiday if their day normally falls on Thursday.
Cat Herder 06:55 AM 11-29-2017
It is too confusing to explain simply, IMHO. I'd email individual invoices.
lovemykidstoo 07:20 AM 11-29-2017
I was thinking of writing something like, just a reminder that this week is a pay week and that you are not liable for the days that I took off as vacation (Friday, November 24 and Friday, Dember 1), but you are liable for payment for Thanksgiving Day if Thursday is your normally scheduled day.

How does that sound? I just hate the "liable" word.
Cat Herder 07:23 AM 11-29-2017
I was thinking of writing something like, just a reminder that this week is a pay week and that you are not liable for the days that I took off as vacation (Friday, November 24 and Friday, Dember 1), but you are liable for payment for Thanksgiving Day if Thursday is your normally scheduled day.

How does that sound? I just hate the "liable" word.
Maybe "Don't forget to subtract your closure discount of $____ from this weeks payment. Have a great weekend!"

Then deal with any possible complaints on a case by case basis.
Snowmom 07:36 AM 11-29-2017
Reminder: I am closed on Friday, December 1st.
Unlike holiday closures; this is a personal day off which you are not required to pay for. If you need help finding your daily rate to deduct from your payment, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Looking ahead:
I will be closed on Christmas Day & New Years Day, which are paid at your normal, weekly rate for the holiday.
trytobearunner34 10:39 AM 11-29-2017
You could just change "liable" to "responsible".
daycarediva 10:43 AM 11-29-2017
I'm lazy and just hand out updated invoices with "Deducted my personal day!"

Mom2Two 12:17 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
It is too confusing to explain simply, IMHO. I'd email individual invoices.

Yes, it's easy to "explain" if you send itemized invoices. I send mine with an email that accomanies, so if i want to write an extra line, I can do so there. But usually the invoice lines are self-explanatory.

Jones Family Regular Care
Mon, Nov 20 thru Thurs, Nov 30 9 x $25/day $225.00
Fri, Dec 1 No charge due to personal closing $0

Okay, that is ugly formatting, but it wouldn't be hard to draft one yourself on some software.
Tags:days off, letter samples, notification letter
Reply Up